Photo Grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo Grouping

Here are a bunch of photographs from the same individual soldier that have fallen into my possesion. Please click here for more information (Believe me, its a good link): http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=262831. Its best if you read the story before checking out the photos.

I think this is the NSDAP HJ which was ran by the SA. This was taken in 1933. It's really weird, but it looks like Dertinger is wearing an SS Beltbuckle. Note the boy on the far left.

NSDAP HJ again.

RAD and WH Infantry Portrait Photos.

WH Infantry Portrait Photos.

Prewar Barracks. Note the number of men with facial hair.

Prewar or very early war barracks photo. Note the man remaining in the torn photo below.

Upper left, preparing for parade in Karlsbad. Lower left, train. Right, Dertinger prewar.

Karlsbad Parade, 1940. Both photos have been turned into postcards. The back one of the photos states: "Zur Erinnerung an den Einmarsch am 5. August 1940 in Karlsbad."

Upper left, Dertinger and other infantrymen. Lower left, Dertinger with comrades in drill uniforms. Upper right, Weinsberg where either Dertinger or his wife are from. Lower right, Dertinger with a comrade.

Dertinger's daughter and wife, as well as a pionier barracks group photo.

Upper left, Dertinger with other pioniers, early war. Lower left, I have no clue. Upper right, I have no clue either, RAD? Lower right, RAD group photo.

Dertinger as a pionier. Photo either taken or developed in Erlangen, Germany.

Dertinger as an Unteroffizier walking away from a grave in what looks to be a Rachel within a steppe in Russia. He has the EKII. *NOTE: Someone once mentioned to me that the landscape looks more like Crimea, so is it possible that he went through Crimea and then up to the South of Stalingrad?

Dertinger as an Unteroffizier on parade with comrades. Note the man standing to Dertinger's right.

Dertinger as an Unteroffizier in Russia.

The last photo of taken of Dertinger as a Feldwebel standing before an anti-tank ditch in what may be the outskirts of Stalingrad. Beyond is what seems to be alot of shelled earth and barbed wire emplacements. At his feet is an unfinished barbed wire obstacle.

Here are some random things that were in Dertinger and his wife's possesion. MG34 and PAK Postcard.

Tell me what you think. I'd love to here any positive or negative criticism. Forgive me if any of this is mixed or dates are wrong - I'm only 13, but I'm trying.

Thanks,
    -Brendan

I believe I've commented before in an other forum, but again this is a great lot. I hope you were able to talk to him or at least his wife?

Comment

Originally posted by K98_man View Post
      I believe I've commented before in an other forum, but again this is a great lot. I hope you were able to talk to him or at least his wife?

Thanks! I wasn't able to talk to him because he died in a Gulag, and his wife died some four years ago in Germany.

Comment

thats really nice, im an ss guy myself ,but i appreciate this group, bang on. especially the parade with the banners flying, look after it .

Comment

sorry

Originally posted by Sturmgeist View Post
          Thanks! I wasn't able to talk to him because he died in a Gulag, and his wife died some four years ago in Germany.

hi!
          sorry, he died in Gulag or Karlag?
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PHILBROWN View Post
            thats really nice, im an ss guy myself ,but i appreciate this group, bang on. especially the parade with the banners flying, look after it .
            Thanks for your comments. I'll be sure to keep it safe.

Comment

Originally posted by YoZh View Post
              hi!
              sorry, he died in Gulag or Karlag?
              Thanks
              Follow the link I posted before. He died in a Soviet Gulag (Forced Labor Camp) in the early 50's. I'm pretty sure he was doing some mining of some sort.

Comment

From some furthur research I've done I'm pretty sure he was in 46. Infanterie-Division, 42. Infanterie-Regiment, and was later transfered to 88. Pionier Bataillon, 2. Kompanie.

Maybe was wasn't actually in Stalingrad, but he did write that he saw the lights of the city.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X