Chained SS dagger, named and numbered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chained SS dagger, named and numbered.

Hi Guys, I thought that I would share some pics with you of one of my favorite items from my collection.
    I bought this dagger back in the 1980's from a friend who's uncle brought it home in 1945.
    British members of the forum may recall that there was a scandal in the late 1980's when it was discovered that a minor member of the British Royal family had an SS man as her father?
    Anyway, this alerted me to the exsistance of the SS Dienstalterlistes held by the IWM in London. I made an appointment to consult the archives and discovered that my dagger was originally owned by SS Standartenfuhrer Dr. Enno Lolling. He was a major War Criminal as he was head of the SS WVHA Amtsgruppe D-Konzentrationslager. This made him in charge of the entire Medical administration of the KL system. I have photocopies of his full SS service record from the Berlin document centre. Plus our very own Rick L obtained me details of all his WW1 service in the Navy
    Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Files

Reverse of dagger.
    Attached Files

Comment

Initials and SS Service number stamped on crossguard.
      Attached Files

Comment

Blade motto.
        Attached Files

Comment

Chain detail
          Attached Files

Comment

Design proof mark.
            Attached Files

Comment

Reverse of chains.
              Attached Files

Comment

List of Dr. Lollings awards:

EK II 1914

1939 EKII Spange

Cross of Honour with Swords

S.A. Sports badge in Bronze

Medal for Entry in Austria

Medal for Entry in Czechoslovakia and Prague Bar

Red Cross decoration 2nd class

War Merit Cross with Swords 2nd class

War Merit cross with Swords 1st class

SS Honour Sword

SS Honour Ring

SS Yule candlestick

Comment

Very Nice Adrian!

One of the most desirable pattern daggers and personal history to boot. With Wittmann's new SS edged weapon book out, I think we will continue to see these pieces appreciate and I can't think of a better piece to own - even if you have no intention of selling.

Thanks for sharing

Skip

Comment

Hi Skip, thanks for the kind comments. This dagger is a keeper for sure
                    I only got to buy the dagger as my friend Malcolm was in dire need of money after falling foul of the Inland Revenue (The Tax Man) so I got the dagger for the same price as local dealer Mike Long offered him at the time, £450.

I have scanned a copy of Dr. Lolling's SS Service record photograph. I am not sure how good this will come out? The original appears to have been torn plus fire and water damaged. The photo is the only one that I have of him and I would really like to get a better one.

Cheers, Ade.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Type two chain, nickel/Silver, painted scabbard...sorry that it lost his darkening in the chain links, but its takes not away that you have a very nice 1936 early SS dagger!

I have also a numbered and personalized one!
                      I have not seen yours in Wittmanns book, is it in it?

Congratulations with your dagger!
                      Greetings, Kurt

Comment

Hi Ade,
                        who was the person who had the SS father,
                        great dagger by the way.
                        Merdock

Comment

Hi Kurt, no, sorry, my dagger is not in Tom Wittmans book. I wish it was. This is it's first public outing Do you have any pics of your named SS dagger? I would love to see it. Who did it belong to?

Hi Merdock, the scandal involved Princess Michael of Kent. I am sure you will recall it now? She is tall and blond and generally does not get a very good press! Here is a link to a few details about her:

http://members.aol.com/KBelle34/pmok.html

Her father, Baron Gunther Von Reibnitz, was a minor German Royal who got a honourary SS rank like many others of his social standing as Himmler was a big fan of the German Royals, unlike Hitler.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Adrian, very nice daggers. Congratulations on 2 outstanding pieces. I sent you an e-mail.

Comment

Adrian,
                              go to my webside and you gone find my dagger under collecting, daggers!
                              You can also find already a part of the reasearch that is been done about the original owner, under persons!
                              My dagger is pictured, together with the man his SS officers sword in Thomas T Wittmanns book on page 384.
                              It was a complete SS grouping belonged to the same individual, that I have purchased from Thomas M Johnson.
                              Greetings, Kurt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X