Kassel finds 2nd part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kassel finds 2nd part

I was lucky enough to find some more pieces that fit into my interest so here is the second group I took at Kassel.

Brave soldiers always were rewarded and our soldier was one of them.

Angel
    Attached Files
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

He was a proud member of the Frozen Meat club so here is his member card. I think it was a second replacement as his rank is not the one he sported in 1.942.

Angel
    Attached Files
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

He continued to perform far from what it's expected so.........

Angel
      Attached Files

Comment

Unafortunately his Sturmabzeichen and Verwundeten Abzeichen in Schwartz are missing, but this little paper make the group quite interesting, look at the gap beetwen the time of the action and the award.

Angel
        Attached Files

Comment

And here we have, our proud soldier with his well won award, look the way he wears the RK.

Angel
          Attached Files

Comment

Here we have some photos from his visit to his town I suppose......

He is with some other soldiers, incluiding a pilot, an SS guy, an officer and some political members.

Angel
            Attached Files

Comment

An artillery NCO RK, definitely not a common sight!

Are you sure the date is the date of the action and not the date of the approval of the award?
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

More
                Attached Files

Comment

I'd be interested to hear what he got his RK for if you know Angel?
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Other.

I have read the description of the actions and are dated February 1.944 so I think is the date of the action or the and it was backdated by the OKH when aproved three months later.

Angel
                    Attached Files

Comment

He, with two other Austrian soldiers using a 8.8 cannon, fought back in February 1.944 a Russian attack in the Tcherkassy area saving the day for the Germans. I need to translate a letter to know something more about this action, I will keep all updated here.

Angel
                      Attached Files

Comment

Interesting grouping... ... but: I wonder why his name is misspelt right in the most important Urkunde (the RK award document)...

By the way here is what the German das-ritterkreuz.de de database says:

Tanczos, Hermann, * 30.11.1921, + 04.11.1967, Ritterkreuz: 21.02.1944 as Unteroffizier, 4./ArtRgt 157.

Regards
                        gk
                        Last edited by grobkörnig; 12-03-2007, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Farré View Post
                          Other.

I have read the description of the actions and are dated February 1.944 so I think is the date of the action or the and it was backdated by the OKH when aproved three months later.

Angel

Just had a quick look and it's clear he did something during the fighting in the Korsun Pocket, but from what i read the pocket was cleared by the 18th Feb. which makes the 21st sound like an immediate award which then took time to be sent up the chain for approval?

There's a general account, including mention of the last days of fighting by the 57 Inf.Div. in the book 'Ostfront 1944' by Buchner

Comment

Finally a colored pic of our hero.

I hope in the comming months I will add to my collection another Artillery NCO RK winner groups and this with a nice story behind.

Angel
                            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the action took part on February 10th, when I have more info I will tell you.

Yes, they made the mistake in the most important document, something I have seen other times.

Angel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X