Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft sidecap

Hi,
    I want know if stamp 'BEROLINA BERLIN 1942' must be found only on Tropical cap lining or is it possible to find it on a blue cap?
    Stamp is the correct one, but I never saw it on a blue cap, always stamp on Tropical lining. Is someone in the forum have an example of it?
    I join you pics of this side cap, which have brown piping for signal corps.
    Sincerely
    Attached Files

Pics of cocarde, eagle and lining
    Attached Files

Comment

Sure, you can find the Berolina stamp on a blue cap. Yours looks good.

Comment

Thanks Tony
        What is value for a side cap like this one please?

Comment

Hello,

The cap itself looks good to me.
          But I'm always strugling with these piped Luft.overseascaps......

The Luft.helferinen (signals) used the brown,twisted cord on their caps,but with silk lining inside the cap and NO national cockade.......that's a fact.

I also know that there were also piped overseascaps for male EM/NCO's,but these were produced and worn for only a short period of time....(pre/early war)

Now,this looks like an overseascap for males (WITH national cockade and standard lining,NO silk) but dated 1942........

I looked for some information about these caps in a couple of referencebooks I have,but they all say these piped caps for males are pre/early war....

I'm a littlebit confused now......Gene,maybe you can help us?!?!?

Maybe it's a "standard" male EM/NCO cap,but upgraded later in the war for use by a helferin????

picture of helferin wearing overseascap with twisted cord and no national cockade....

Picture of male EM/NCO's wearing overseascaps with colored piping,but pre/early war (note the early "drooptail" eagle on the m35 helmet)

Last edited by schirmmutze; 11-12-2007, 10:22 AM.

Comment

I agree with Theo that this is a somewhat confusing cap. Does the cockade look period to the cap? That twisted brown piping is identical to that on my Helferin overseas cap. And yes, Berolina Berlin can be found on continental caps. My black HG Panzer officer overseas cap was made by them. By looking at these pics I'll say that someone likely attached a cockade to a Helferin cap.
            WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Thanks Gene and Theo for your clear explanation. It is really difficult to know destination of this side cap????
              Hellferrinen or Man Signal cap????? We'll never don't know precisely
              Best regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X