Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-boat L/18 Real Or Fake

Hi Everyone;
    Please look at this U-boat Badge marked L/18 B.H.Mayer let me know your thoughts please. There is one identical to this on listed on http://www.authenticmilitaria.com/ge...or%20sale.html Please let
    me know your thoughts on authinticy.

e
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RICK S; 11-02-2007, 05:24 PM.

rear
    Attached Files

Comment

front 2
      Attached Files

Comment

front 3
        Attached Files

Comment

front 4
          Attached Files

Comment

rear 2
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rick, have to say I can give you know definate yes or no on this one. Front looks very much the mayer, reverse however is not the Mayer style of set up, first time i have seen a catch cut to shape the reverse which i would regard as maybe a warning. MM I can not make out the 1 on the pics you show, but think i can make out the 1 on the dealers page however this does also not look right for an L18 stamp. The lines do look too strong (like casting lines) but the pics are somewhat blurred, and i cannot make out any of the normal signs that you would normally find around the inner rims of an original badge but then again that could be just the pics. Bit secptical of this one and would really need it in hand to be definate. Lets see what others make of it. Finally the pin also looks quite thick which would be another warning sign for me. All the best

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
              X