SS Marked P38

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Marked P38

Guys, check this out. I know it will fire a few guys up. I did not do it, but it sure looks good. Who knows? Here are a couple of pitcures. I got it in a trade. It looks better in person, than it does in pitcures.
    P. Stout

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...t/MVC-025L.jpg
    http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...MVC-023L-1.jpg
    http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...MVC-022L-1.jpg

In my estimation it devaluates the gun about $200 or more.
    Denny

Comment

It's sad when people put their own stamp on an otherwise genuine piece.

Comment

Too Bad

Ruined what looked to be a nice P38
        Tom Nowling

Comment

I need a good laugh as a pick me up this morning- that did it.

That's a rare SS Klowntote proof.

Comment

Thats a killer SS proof stamp, best i have ever seen

Comment

Maybe you could also gold plate the entire thing. That would be the shiznick.
              When you go home
              Tell them for us and say
              For your tomorrow
              We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
              Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

SS Marked P38

Man, you guys are slaming it. I have seen several SS Marked k98s, and P08s in books that the (experts) clamed were real. I know none were standard markings. What if it is real. Who knows? The only one is the person who marked it.
                P. Stout

Comment

previous owner should have let his kids play with crayons, certainly no expert and all the best for it being real but it doesnt look good to me.
                  Last edited by evilmike; 10-15-2007, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Hope the owner doesnt mind. I personally think that this mark is an embellishment due to fakers again tripping up on history in their attempts. I would like to see more "original" markings if anyone has them. Especially from items with provenance. Reason being this mark appears to be done by an engraver as it is not uniform and of the quality of a proof. Stamping for proofs is done with a tool and die most times. There are many non text book items out there and we havent seen everything yet but it helps to make an oppinion. it could be real it could be fake, the buyer has to be happy. I could see to a faker where adding a rare stamp will drive the value of a common peice up. The stamp on the right is an original which has also been observed on another rifle as well in identical fashion, and was located under the hardwood, this rifle was in the process of being stripped. Ive also seen a scope marked in the same original stamp configuration.

Best,

Pete
                    Attached Files

Comment

SS Marked P38

Thanks, for all of the information. With all of the people out there trying to make a buck, I can see the point. I did not pay a huge price for the pistol. I traded into it. I am not trying to sell it, just show what is out there. I knew I would stur up a few people. I am more into the class 3 stuff. I am a 07FFL/SOT, and a member of the reenactment group LAH. www.lssah.com. I have several post sample MP40s, MP44s, MG42,and a few other WWII weapons.
                      I get alot of the odd stuff in trade. Like this pistol. I just thought I wouls share it with the group. I put it on the p38 forum and got the same responce from most guys. Some liked it, but most said the same as this forum.
                      Thanks, Pete

Comment

No problem mate.

Comment

SS Markings on ground dug items.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X