Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Knife RZM7/14 1936 - opinions

Hey guys,

I want to have your opinions on this HJ knife. It's an RZM 7/14 P.D.LUNESCHLOSS and dated 1936. I personally think all is in order and am considering I will buy it because I have been looking for one with the Blut und Ehre! inscription for quite some time.

Thanks

JAN

a nice transitional knife to me

Scabbard looks original paint, seems quite rusty underneath, but the leather looks nice and maker marked too, i have 14 hangers and only two i think are marked like that.

Usual wear above the grip from where the leather and snap fasteners go.. but even thats not even much.

some sharpening and a few nicks out of the tip but the moto is still a good looking one

only thing that worries me and its only as i cant see too great in the pics is too check the rivets on the bakerlight just to check they fit nicely and they are 'clean' not all hammered differently, that could be an indication the grips have been off.

although i very much doubt that in this case from what i can see i'd say they were nice originals... what made me look harder was that the one rivet seems to have a gap around it in the grip thats abit bigger than the other, likely a trick of the camera

how much does the seller want for it, its certainly something i would put in my collection good luck and thanks for posting

Comment

Good always jumps out at you. Nice knife.
      Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

I agree with Jeff, looks good to me as well.
        Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

I also agree with the guys, a veryyy beautiful knife! Good luck with the deal my friend

Comment

Thanks

Thanks guys!

I am definitely gonna go after this one. I asked the seller about the rivets but I really feel they are fine. I will let you guys know how it all went. I would love to own it! It's being sold on an auction place here in the Czech Republic, from my favorite dealer. I think the price will get close to USD 400. Do you feel that's a fair price? I only want one representative early piece with the motto for my collection and they do not surface down here too often.

JAN

Comment

good luck with it!

but you only want one!!!

Comment

Haha

Well I already have a nice RZM late production. I wanted one with the motto. Who knows, maybe I will have more in the future. I love them.

JAN

Comment

IMO 400 seems a bit overpriced. Try to get the deal for less.
                  Offer him 350 or something..and if he doesnt accept ask him if 400 includes shipping and fees.

Comment

HJs are really cool TR edged weapons. Still can be had at a decent price, although as we know, prices have climbed in recent years. I recall, when I was a child, vendors at the swap meets and street fairs would be selling repro HJs. I guess this was the 1st Nazi dagger I had ever seen (even though it was a repro). I recall at the time, how cool I thought it looked. Today, many years later, I own a legitimate HJ knife. And today, many years later, I still think they look really really cool.

Congrats on the HJ.

Just my $.02

T

Comment

Heh

I bid and got it for something along the lines of USD 330 I can say I am happy, even if it may be a bit on the expensive side. I love the wear to the piece and the "been there" look. I will definitely post some close-ups when it arrives.

JAN

Comment

well you cant put a price on wanting it and then not getting it as someone bid higher so well done!!!

if it was me and i didnt get it it would annoy me for ages

Comment

Originally posted by jancz3rt View Post
                          I bid and got it for something along the lines of USD 330 I can say I am happy, even if it may be a bit on the expensive side. I love the wear to the piece and the "been there" look. I will definitely post some close-ups when it arrives.

JAN
                          Uhhhh!! What a deal! 330 USD was a greatttt price! You gotta be happy with that one! Many congrats, Jan!
                          Yeah, you MUST post pics when it arrives

Comment

marking on scabbard

on a sale site somewhere i saw that the oak leaf and the letters LS indicated a Panzer division liebstandarte connection, they had his panzer wrapover as well, as no-one has mentioned this , is that wrong ? very nice buy though, these things seem to go up every week !!!

Comment

Hi, and welcome to the forum! Nice to see more fellow Brits joining

The marking on the leather hanger has absolutly nothing to due with the Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler. If you look closely you will see the marking has a letter "F" on the oakleaf. This is a makers (Unknown to me) trade mark. Some dubious dealers will try anything to talk an item up....

Cheers, Ade.

PS> Great knife Jan!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X