This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any DAK items

Here is the best DAK impression I can throw together. Feel free to add pictures of your own items.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jean-Loup; 04-05-2007, 07:15 PM.

The ring is made in the same style as the famous "palm tree and swastica" rings... It has a palm tree alright; but then has a mosque instead of a swastica. How boring!
    The Trieste badge is one of my favorite pieces.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jean-Loup; 04-07-2007, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Panzer Regt 8 was one of the regiments involved in North Africa.
      Attached Files

Comment

The maker of this ring apparently got inspiration from the Italian-German campaign medal.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for sharing, Jean-Loup. I like the shields you have and wonder if any of these are marked and still have their prongs or not...

Here are my only items related to the DAK. The only item I ever wanted was the famous cufftitle made in camelhair. I found a nice full-length example first, after searching for a long time. I wanted one in an impeccable state, but not too mint either. I feel this one is perfect! Then later, I found a superb document on the e-stand from a respected collector. Obergefreiter Kurt Thiede served in Panzer-Regiment 6 and the document is signed by Oberst Friedrichs. Very unfortunately, I haven't found the first name of Oberst Friedrichs yet. Finally a picture and the Italo-German medal with matching ribbon bar completes the set. None of the items came together, but they all match very well when seen on scans.

I look forward to see similar items
          Laurens
          Attached Files

Comment

Details on the document:
            Attached Files

Comment

Great thread Jean.
              I love the smaller items that are often overlooked, but absolutely vital, in holding together the whole picture of what troops used, wore and souvenired while in N.Africa. Lets remember - these were young men in the prime of their lives on 'a great adventure', and they gathered momentoes of that time that are highly underated, in my opinion.
              Well Done.
              Mark.

Comment

i still have the top one. the other is living in the USA somewhere.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jean-Loup,
                  Your Afrika Korps collections looks nice and "salty" were these from a dig maybe in North Africa. If so any story to go with it (what country, what area, how they were found, etc.).
                  Glad you brought up the Afrika Korps, really enjoy that facet of the war, almost like that was a war unto itself.

Bill

Comment

I didnt know that AK cufftitle was made with camel hair. It adds an interesting and exotic touch!

"I like the shields you have and wonder if any of these are marked and still have their prongs or not..."

Some have the prongs; others dont. I guess the lack of prongs is the reason they were lost in the first place, or is maybe because of people playing with them after the war. Some are marked; others arent. Here are four types of markings I managed to find on my shields (the lower left one has KW 41 written on the top, the two right ones have an A at different places, and the top left has no marking):
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Jean-Loup; 04-06-2007, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Here is a marking on an eagle.
                      I like your ring Jimmy, and would like to find one like that myself one day... Very cool.
                      Attached Files

Comment

DAk

Greetings All,

I was getting some pictures together for a friend and then ran across this thread. I collect Heer cloth insignia. Here are three shots of what I have DAK. I hope you enjoy them.

Fred Green
                        Attached Files

Comment

Dak

Signal Blitzes and Specialty Patches.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Dak

And some more Blitzes.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I'm not a big DAK collector but I do have a few odds and ends. Heres one of my favorites. WR jim
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X