Frank & Reif U-boat badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank & Reif U-boat badges

Hello, Past this weekend at a local antique show I saw a U-boat badge made by Frank & Reif in Stuttgart. When I returned home and hit this forum to research on this U-boat badge, I discovered that the F&R actually never make those U-boat badges during WW2. The F&R U-Boat badges are fakes. I would like to see the fake F&R U-Boat badge pictures including front and back. I want to see both pictures of fake F&R U-Boat badges. This would be useful for me to compare pictures with the local antique show U-Boat badge. Thanks!

Hello,
    Here are pictures of the fake Frank & Reif Sub Badge from the Badges Fake Gallery of the Forum. These can be found with different hardware setups, but all of them are fake.
    Best regards,
    Tom

Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Frank & Reif

Hello,
      Yes, they are all bad by that maker. Here is an article that is over 10 years old on that reproduction.

Regards,
      Jody
      Attached Files

Comment

Jody,

Do not ever quit this forum!!! Where do you come up with this information? Well, I know, but it is still amazing. Need the "old" hands here for sure. "Old" is relative of course, since your next post will be to note I am older than you.

Again, thanks for the background information.

John

Comment

Frank & Reif

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
          Jody,

Do not ever quit this forum!!! Where do you come up with this information? Well, I know, but it is still amazing. Need the "old" hands here for sure. "Old" is relative of course, since your next post will be to note I am older than you.

Again, thanks for the background information.

John
          Hi John,
          Thank you for the kind words. Over the years I have gathered a lot of information and socked it away. I guess it is the teacher in me. I am glad someone finds it useful.

Regards,
          Jody

Comment

Jody,thanks for showing that article.Here is p38 from the French edition of the magazine,No 92,where the Frank & Reif badge (No 4),is identified as an original.Glad to see the author amended the mistake.

Martin.
            Attached Files

Comment

I just returned from the local gun show today. I informed the same dealer who holds this fake F&R U-boat badge for me that I cancelled my plan to buy this badge. The dealer returned it back to his display case. Thanks guys for helping me detecting this fake F&R U-boat badge . This saved me bundle of money!!! Thank God for this great forum!!!! I found this forum more informed and educational. How come that F&R never make any U-boat badges during wartime? THANKS GUYS !!!!! I wont buy this crap badge thanks to the forum!!!! I am really glad that you guys are very helpful to me. James

Comment

Originally posted by redjames2004 View Post
                I just returned from the local gun show today. I informed the same dealer who holds this fake F&R U-boat badge for me that I cancelled my plan to buy this badge. The dealer returned it back to his display case. Thanks guys for helping me detecting this fake F&R U-boat badge . This saved me bundle of money!!! Thank God for this great forum!!!! I found this forum more informed and educational. How come that F&R never make any U-boat badges during wartime? THANKS GUYS !!!!! I wont buy this crap badge thanks to the forum!!!! I am really glad that you guys are very helpful to me. James
                Nice to hear from a happy collector.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by redjames2004 View Post
                  ........ The dealer returned it back to his display case. ........... This saved me bundle of money!!! Thank God for this great forum!!!! .......
                  Good news for you James, unfortunate for the next guy that doesnt visit WAF

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X