Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VERY..........unusual collar tabs. What are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VERY..........unusual collar tabs. What are they?

I am going to link you to this thread where you can see all the items I picked up from one guy. Included with this group was a 1941 calendar from "Der Adler" that begins with January 1st (that page is tucked away inside under some other pages as it was detached). The cover page is long gone though. Each page has either photos or battle sketches at the bottom of each page. These can be cut off after use and used as post cards. There are Fallschirmjaeger battle sketches that are pretty neat as well.

Here is the link to see it all: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=202714

The qualification badge is a Deumer made example in fine zinc.

What I am really curious about though are the collar tabs with the gulls and pips. Any idea what they are?

Chuck
    Last edited by vonStubben; 03-16-2007, 01:54 PM.

Reverse:

The piping of the tabs are a very unusual dark orange color. The black is very nice melton wool.

They are not normal panzer tabs as they are not the correct size.
    Last edited by vonStubben; 03-16-2007, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Perhaps a LW doorman or elevator operator (civilian volunteer)?

Scott

Comment

Tabs are most like the style of a Luftwaffe Fireman they used this style of tab with one gull and one pip for rank of Oberfeuermann.
        Regards, Ed.
        Ed. Anderson,Jr.
        The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Sarcasm is just one of my many talents!

Comment

I was told by another forum member that these were postal tabs with the gull having been added by the veteran.

What do you think?

Comment

I am certain that they are postal tabs, where someone added the gulls. The one on the right is correct.

The civilian fire service had a carmine or bright red piping. This orangish color is definately postal. Nice set. Ashame that someone added gulls to the single!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
              I am certain that they are postal tabs, where someone added the gulls. The one on the right is correct.

The civilian fire service had a carmine or bright red piping. This orangish color is definately postal. Nice set. Ashame that someone added gulls to the single!
              I have gone ahead and removed the gulls. They don't look to bad without them.

Thanks to those who have helped to identify them.

Chuck

Comment

I wish I'd seen this thread earlier as I would have advised NOT removing the gulls. Weird 3rd Reich oddities pop up all the time and for all we know they could be wartime originals. Just my 2ยข
                WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X