Kapitänleutnant Ruprecht Rössger - KM Honor Roll Clasp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kapitänleutnant Ruprecht Rössger - KM Honor Roll Clasp

I am very fortunate to have acquired the Photo Nachlaß of Kapitänleutnant Ruprecht Rössger who was a recipient of the very rare Honor Clasp of the Kriegsmarine (18 Nov 1944). Does anyone have any info on Rössger? Anyone know who has his medals and documents?

I will post some photos shortly.

Thanks,

Rick
    Last edited by Rick White; 02-26-2003, 01:40 PM.

Ruprecht Rößger was born 30 August 1915. Joined the navy with the "crew" of 1935--

1937: Fähnrich zur See (1.7.36) with I. Geleit-Flotille

as of 1.1.39: Lt zS aboard "F 9," Cuxhaven

You have his Kapitänleutnant zS date (1.9.42 # 11) and that he got German Cross in Gold published 22.11.44 as Commander of a Minesweeper Flotilla?

In 1960 active duty Fregattenkapitän zS, living in Flensburg with his wife Elisabeth née von Lindequist (b. 6.6.17). Active duty 1963, but NO ranks were given in the Naval Officers Association (M.O.H.) Directory that year.

By 1983, retired as Kapitän zur See a.D., and in 1991 he and his wife were living in Flensburg.

Comment

Hi Rick,

Thanks! I can always count on you to dig up some good info on these KM guys. By "#11" did you mean that he was the 11th promotion to that rank in 1942 or....?

Rick

Comment

FOR RICK W

It is odd that you mentioned the Navy Honor Roll Clasp. Here is what I just acquired.
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, the number was used when more than one officer was promoted on the same date. (Imperial era commissions used mixed letters and numbers.)

It wasn't used on his Midshipman's date, although they were promoted by the hundred. They WERE, however, ranked within the class-- and Rößger was WAY down near the bottom--

I guess they thought he'd be an underachiever!

Comment

Hi Bill...that is one rare document you have there! I am sure you are proud of it.

Rick - I guess he surprised them!!!

Thanks,

Rick

Comment

Hi Rick

According to Gericke's work on the DKiG ,DKiS and honour roll clasp holders of the KM Rössger was awarded his DKiG and honour roll clasp as Flottillenchef of the 21. Räumbootsflottille. The unit was based in North Norway at the time and a quick glance through the KTB of the Admiral of the Norwegain Polar Coast shows the flotilla in constant action during 1944 around the area Kirkenes, Vardø. Looking at the dates of both awards it would seem these were awarded after the Germans evacuated the area due to the Soviet offensive of Oct.

And Bill has the very award doc pictured on page 260 of Gericke's book

Regards

Simon
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard
                Hi Rick

According to Gericke's work on the DKiG ,DKiS and honour roll clasp holders of the KM Rössger was awarded his DKiG and honour roll clasp as Flottillenchef of the 21.Räumbootsflottille. The unit was based in North Norway at the time and a quick glance through the KTB of the Admiral of the Norwegain Polar Coast shows the flotilla in constant action during 1944 around the are Kirkenes, Vardø. Looking at the dates of both awards it would seem these were awarded after the Germans evacuated the area due to the Soviet offensive of Oct.

And Bill has the very award doc pictured on page 260 of Gericke's book

Regards

Simon
                On page 145 of FORMAN'S GUIDE TO THIRD REICH GERMAN DOCUMENTS..AND THEIR VALUES the document is also featured. It was credited to the noted collector Jorg Hormann. Not many of these 37 awarded documents exist today and I am proud to be the temporary custodian of this rare document.

Comment

Good thing you mentioned it Bill, i notice that on the next page is Rössger's preliminary award certificate credited to the same collector.

Simon
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi Bill and Simon,

Thank you for the info. I am still trying to carve away some time to get some photos scanned. I hope to do so tonight. I did not even think of looking in Forman's book. Good idea.

Bill, are you in contact with this collector still?

Simon, is the KTB you mentioned a published work or a private document you have?

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick W
                      Hi Bill and Simon,

Thank you for the info. I am still trying to carve away some time to get some photos scanned. I hope to do so tonight. I did not even think of looking in Forman's book. Good idea.

Bill, are you in contact with this collector still?

Simon, is the KTB you mentioned a published work or a private document you have?

Rick
                      I have never personally had any dealing with Mr. Hormann, but heard that he is selling off his collection. The Honor Roll Clasp document came through another party.

Comment

Hi Rick
                        It's a private document and a photocopy of a photocopy of a photocopy so the quality isn't exactly brilliant. Although not complete i have the bulk of 1940 - 44 up to mid Sept. which runs to several thousand pages.

Regards

Simon

Comment

Ruprecht Rössger - Fahnrich z. See, 1937
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ruprecht Rössger - Leutnant z. See, 1939
                            Attached Files

Comment

Ruprecht Rössger - Oberlt. z. See
                              38. M.S. Flottilla , Channel Coast, France
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X