Ss Smock Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ss Smock Opinion

Hi to the forum,I'm not expert in SS items so I would know your opinion on this mint SS smock,is it good or not.I've seen some like this published in ome books.
    Thanks for your help!
    Carlo
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

If you need more pics tell me
            Attached Files

Comment

That is the so called brick collored or pink smock. Some people like this style of smock- I don't like them.

You can search the forum for "pink smock" and should find some threads dealing with this type.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

That is the so called brick collored or pink smock. Some people like this style of smock- I don't like them.
                I'm on your side Fritz

Comment

If you only wanted to own one SS smock, many would not want this to be it.

B. N. Singer
                  Last edited by B. N. Singer; 11-14-2006, 07:58 AM.

Comment

i dont like the material and the stitchin

Comment

A lot of debate about these pink smocks and you should find much useful information on this forum if you do a search!

All of these pinkies originates from one major find and so far I dont know of any with war time provenance.

The majority of the SS collectors dont accept them as originals.

"Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

Sorry but I don't understand,to like or not to like what mean fake ? I can't love an item but it could be original.
                        Please expain your thought.
                        Thanks
                        Carlo

Comment

Hey the famous "Pink Smock" debate That is one of my favourites because both sides of debate are very evenly matched. The Smocks them selves are great and I personally give alot of weight to Bob Hritz accounts of the bales and the rodents eating some. If you can get one of these at the right price they are worth having. They are made like the real deal right down to the elastic inside them and measure up perfectly but no-one has yet been able to confirm if that pattern is a real pre-May 45 pattern or a 1980's creation

One thing I was surprised to learn a couple of years ago is that there are now reproductions of the Pink Smock so if you are going to buy one then make sure you are not getting a fake of a reproduction Now give me strength if this does not top it all off.

On the other hand if some-one finds the photo or the proof those who believe are looking for on this one then the price of those babies is going to go ballistic over night. Well the real ? Pink smocks will if such a thing does really exist

This is one of the great Militaria debates, Chris
                          Last edited by 90th Light; 11-14-2006, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by solo View Post
                            Sorry but I don't understand,to like or not to like what mean fake ? I can't love an item but it could be original.
                            Please expain your thought.
                            Thanks
                            Carlo
                            Carlo,
                            as you can see from the many posts it is so that some people like these smocks ( that means they believe them to be period ) and others ( like me ) who don't like them ( that means they believe them to be reproductions ).

There was a very interesting thread going on about these a while back. Several points of concern were expressed there and here again. Along with all these concerns let me add that :

- I "don't like" the HBT material for the pockets
                            - I have never seen a Zeltbahn, Helmet Cover, Cap or Combination in this pink pattern

Things like that the fabric isn't right and that they were everywhere over night somewhen in the 80s have been mentioned here before.

But again there are those that like these smocks and believe them to be period ...that is ok naturally!!

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Ciao Solo,

I like your smock.
                              It is nice and very well done.I donĀ“t belive that copies are so such accurated...
                              It is just an opinion.

Cordiali Saluti,

Ciano

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X