Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destroyer Schwerin

Hi,

do you have the same opinions on this badge like me ??

Regards,
    dirklein
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Not sure, what is your opinion?

Comment

That this is a very good fake badge I think!

Comment

Ok

I think it might be OK
          Strange discoloration around the hinge and catch but maybe OK
          Steve

Comment

Have to say I am not 100% sure but points of note are.The swas is out of shape although I have seen one other abit like this.The lack of detail to the ship ie the right side near the wreath looks soft or melted,and what I think is a door has almost gone.The marks to the hinge catch and hook to some extent look like heat marks.I would also like to see the letters with more detail or bold if you like.I have only two Schwerin`s of my own to work from and this one could come from a worn die,but I would like one alittle more crisp myself.

Comment

Destroyer Badge Schwerin

Hi
              Looking for the door in the bridge section anyone see it. If its there very faint, not like most I've seen.
              Regards Rick S
              Last edited by RICK S; 09-26-2006, 10:07 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Here are 2 other pictures.
                Attached Files

Comment

bridge
                  Attached Files

Comment

This is a Schwerin i have and it has a very "out of shape" swastika but seems to have better Bridge detail,Martin.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The reverse does have the raised "W" in the name Schwerin,similar to Dirks,regards,Martin.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I agree with the above statement that this is a very well-made fake badge. As noted, the details of the cabin are not right.

Also note this comparison of the maker mark to an authentic Schwerin destroyer badge mark. (authentic mark on top):

Notice that the letter formations are slightly different and do not line up the same. Most notably, if you draw a line from the legs of the "RLI" in "Berlin" up through the "HWE" of "Schwerin" on both badges.....they line up differently.
                        Attached Files
                        Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

Comparison of cabins and bridge (authentic badge on left):
                          Attached Files
                          Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

I would also tend towards a very good repro. Apart from that already mentioned it appears to be made from a white metal and not tombak/brass.

One of the best repros I******180;ve seen yet. Can you get a side shot of the hinge?

Skip
                            LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

Comment

destroyer badge

Thanks for the line-up on the logo Lorenzo. scarry fake In my opinion.Regards Rick S

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X