Unknown Insignia-991 Collar Tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Insignia-991 Collar Tabs

Can anyone identify the unit this officer belong to?
    Attached Files

Note that the metal cyphers are applied directly to the collar. Also note the slim shoulder boards.
    Attached Files

Comment

Aktion TR

The uniform appears to be that of Aktion TR. The number is that of the unit. If anyone has any more photos relating to this organisation I, for one, would be interested in seeing them.

RW

Comment

Richard,
        Thank you for your reply. Forgive me, but what unit is that? I'm not familiar with it. Could you please tell me more about "Aktion TR"? Do you happen to have a link to information on this unit? I'd like to learn more...

Comment

Any one?

Comment

Here's another. Slightly different number, and with the eagle on the 'wrong' side.
            Attached Files

Comment

Great photo Robin. I thought mine was strange but the image you posted had me really scratching my head. Could these guys be Volksturmm or some derivitive of it? How about a Penal battalion?

Comment

One Possible Identification - NSKK Transport-korps

Hi,

I think these guys may be NSKK Transport-Korps, probably from the French contingent.

The narrow shoulder boards on the first image look like wartime NSKK shoulder boards.

Before Speer reorganized the NSKK into the Transportkorps-Speer these forces were raised and organized localy.

Diane

Comment

Or some type of Ostvolk/Hiwi ?

Comment

I still think its Aktion TR

The only organisation I can think of that wore Heer uniform with the hoheitszeichen on the left breast is Aktion TR; an auxilliary transport outfit. At first they wore no shoulder straps but may have developed a simple rank structure, using Sonderfuhrer style shoulder straps.

HTH

RW
                    Last edited by Richard Woods; 02-04-2006, 06:32 AM.

Comment

I too for some reason believe these soldiers may have there roots in a former french uniform a few years before...Billbert

Comment

Hey guys. Just wanted you to know that I've put this rare image up for sale. It can be found here:
                        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=253521&page=4

It's #3

I'll take another $3.00 off the listed price for the first person who PM's me....

Comment

We all been Barnum and Baileyed! Interesting uniforms. I never knew about that organization. Same idea of unit insignia basically as French Military

Comment

NSKK - TK Speer

Very interesting!

They're NSKK guys assigned to the German Armed Forces - the forerunner of the Transportkorps Speer.

Diane

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X