Echte Photographie Mark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echte Photographie Mark

Is anyone familiar with the nuances of the 'Echte Photographie' mark found on some photo postcards?

I have one example that I'm pretty certain is postwar (let's just say that Mr. S. and I differ on his opinion that it was a 'treasure').

Here's the back...
    Attached Files

...and the front...
    Attached Files

Comment

But I have another one that differs slightly, which I'm hoping is genuine prewar...
      Attached Files

Comment

...front...
        Attached Files

Comment

'Echte Photographie' is not a company as some people think but a quality standart. It translates as real photographic picture. And means it was done on photo paper, and not printed by a machine.

Comment

Tim, Your first photo is a postwar reproduction. Well known to me, I have the same.
            These were sold already in the early 1980's by an austrian seller named Szabo (can not remember his first name) on militaria-shows here in germany.
            I talked to him several times, he was selling them as re-prints for low money. He had the original glass negatives at that time and he had also access to older photographic papers - and he had the skills to make almost perfect re-prints.
            Over the years I have seen a lot of his prints turning up on the market as "originals".
            I heard he is "in business" again in the last time.

The "Echte Photographie" is as Rexmundi already said, only the mark that this particular photo is made on photographic paper and not printed.
            You find it on many old postcards as well.

Kind regards
            Robert

Comment

Great thread guys. The information here will go a long way in helping photo collectors in spotting the good fakes. I recently sold some top quality reproductions of SS and FJ portraits in the Bazaar section. Some were quite convincing like the SS Gebirgsjager posted here. Here's another one that burned me when I first started collecting....
              -Chuck
              Last edited by para03; 06-05-2008, 08:59 PM.

Comment

and the reverse...Note it has the same backing as the SS Gebirgsjager. Both have very desirable content
                -Chuck
                Last edited by para03; 06-05-2008, 08:59 PM.

Comment

How Mr Noss says this are all repros... Good production ......I saw this fotos by ebay...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X