Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My "Wikings"

d
    Last edited by Øyvind; 07-10-2009, 12:13 PM.

Really nice!!!

How is it with maker markers on Frontkjemper badges, do they exist?

Comment

Originally posted by Øyvind
      I know that Norwegian Waffen-SS items is not that "hot" in here, but I just got another badge today, and im so exited. Wanted to share this little group, and hopefully see some other badges as well. Any coments are welcome!

Ps: Two of them come from named Norwegian frontfighters, and a third one were stolen from a frontfighter during the war!

Cheers
      Øyvind
      Wow! I need one of them.

Comment

Really nice badges
        I'm looking feor one of these .

Cheers,
        Francesco

Comment

Very nice! I did not know these existed until now.

What would you say the approximate "value" would be?

Thanks
          Rob

Comment

Now I understand why they are so hard to find; Oyvind has them all!! That is surely an all-star lineup.

Bob Hritz
            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Hi Øyvind
              now that's where they all went...very nice "Frontkjemper" collection.

Rene Chavez
              Http://axis101.bizland.com

Comment

I've never seen any of those very nice collection

Comment

Entry removed to make room on the picture website. Sorry but since this have been relegated to the back pages, I don't see the importance of maintaining the pictures.

Bob
                  Last edited by Bobwirtz; 01-19-2006, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Dear Mr Wirtz
                    wow those have to be some of the most amazing Waffen-SS volunteer and Division tunics that I've seen in a long time....thanks for sharing.

Rene Chavez
                    Http://axis101.bizland.com

Comment

Thank you Rene. I'll pass along your compliments to my friend who owns them. He also has an SS-Rottenfuhrer M43 tunic with the early police 2-piece Latvian sleeve shield on the sleeve opposite the SS sleeve eagle. This ended up as part of the Latvian Legion and then the 15. SS-Division. And he also has an SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer tunic with the Estonian sleeve shield under the sleeve eagle. It isn't named but he knows who it belonged to. Another tunic that belonged to the set is pictured in Mike Beaver's books, as well as the two greatcoats. I think one of the officer overseas caps is pictured in Wilkins' book. Maybe I can dig out pictures I took of these when I was up there visiting him.

Bob

Comment

Last edited by Øyvind; 07-10-2009, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Hi ******216;yvind....that is a nice collection to say the least...could you tell me if all the badges have the same reverse assembly and what the markings are on the reverse....I know there has been in the past some discussion as to what is good and what is not.

Bob...fantastic tunics!!!

John

Comment

Hi Bob,

I still remember that Willi posted this "Norge" tunic on the GDC forum about four years ago. Quite a few items you posted seem to come from his collection, like that SS-VT "Deutschland" tunic, with the pioneer shoulder boards. They are outstanding. I would love to see some photos of the Latvian and Estonian tunics you mentioned. Foreign volunteer tunics are quite rare compared to their counterparts from units like "Das Reich", for example. I know that quite some tunics in Scandinavia survived the war, but Dutch volunteer tunics are exceedingly rare to find over here. I only know about a handful...

Cees

Comment

Øyvind,

Very nice collection of badges. Weren't these also produced after the war?

I would love to see more photos from your collection. Thank you for sharing these with us.

Cees

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X