CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on Adolf Hitler Signed New Years Greeting Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Adolf Hitler Signed New Years Greeting Card?

Here's a fitting one for New Years day. Any opinions on the signature on this greeting card? Is it hand signed, or a facsimile? It looks hand signed to me, but I'm far from an expert on these.
    Attached Files

close up of the seal
    Attached Files

Comment

signature
      Attached Files

Comment

increasing the brightness when scannning seems to bring out more datail of the ink
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

These cards usually had printed facsimile signatures, but that one looks hand-done to me as well.

Comment

For my humble opinion it's handwritten

Comment

I have had a similar card some years ago and it had an inked original signature on it and yours looks go to me, too... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Are these card worth anything?, I have half a dozen of the things......I had them down as copies? cheers, Paul

Comment

Yes, they would indeed be 'worth something' as Tim's is -- assuming that they too are individually signed. If you're not sure, lay them out side-by-side under good light and compare them under magnification; you should be able to detect small differences between each signature. After all, even if Hitler signed a stack of them at the same time, each one took at least a second to write and the conditions under which the fountain pen he was using would change with each usage, as would the pressure employed to sign his name. As we know, Hitler never used an autopen nor did he permit secretaries or others to sign his name for him so, if genuine, each one of your cards comes complete with a moment of Hitler's lifetime included on every one! The only other possibility would be that your signatures are printed, and the complete similarity of that would become visible when they are viewed along-side each other.

Hope they are each original!

Br. James

Comment

The card shown in this post is hand signed, not unusual since this is a rather early card.

Comment

Thanks guys I shall take some photos later today

Comment

Here are mine, still missing two which are somewhere, 3x printed signatures and one not signed, I found them in a period book
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by leibregiment View Post
                              Here are mine, still missing two which are somewhere, 3x printed signatures and one not signed, I found them in a period book
                              Your cards have facsimile signatures but his card is handwritten

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X