X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FrontReif badge

Posting pics for Bob I
    Attached Files

This badge looks like a crude casting. Not original in my opinion. I have never seen any documented evidence that a badge like this even existed during the Third Reich. I know that some collector's feel that there is a possibility of these being genuine, but in my opinion, purely a fantasy piece. Would never want one in my collection.
    Best regards! Tom
    PS: Please show a picture of the reverse if possible.
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

That is one bizarre looking piece, and I doubt it is 'authentic' as well.

Here is the only related thread I could find

FrontReif

Al

Comment

I have never seen one before,and attribute that to it being a fantasy piece. thanks,mike

Comment

These badges were apparantly worn by the guys testing UBoots before them being delivered to the Kriegsmarine. Questions among german collector friends of mine reveal that they are generally accepted as being authentic, albeit unofficial.
          I only once had the chance to study an apparant original. Quality ws a lot better than the shown example with a very sharp eagle detail rivaling a normal warbadge.
          Reverse was the kind of safety pin fitting also found on party badge or tinnies.
          I think the shown example is a cast copy.

Skip
          LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

Comment

Hi Skip,

Interesting what you say, I have had the opportunity to obtain a couple of these in the past but never been convinced by them. Some had near perfect gold finish some worn but in general they never had the quality of something I would have expected to be issued, even if contracted under private order. Just did not look good and could not imagine anyone wanting to wear it.

Having said that I don't remember ever seeing one as you describe. I don't suppose you could get any photos of this?
            Regards, Rob
            Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

A complete fantasy piece. The posted example is a 2nd generation copy cast from the older pieces which originated, and were created, in Cave Creek, Arizona. The design was taken from an original photo showing the painted emblem at a U-Boat station.

For those who want to believe, the dealer has them in stock, at any time, in Cave Creek, Arizona. Stock up now before the mold wears out!

Bob Hritz
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X