Panzerfaust 150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzerfaust 150?

Do any of these actually exist? Are there more than two crummy photgraphs of them? I am curious because there must have been a few made, but I have never seen but a couple of bad photos of the, and one I'm not sure if it isn't a Panzerfaust 250, for it has a pistol grip and cone on the end of the tube. Has anyone any photos of these that show any detail at all, or are they as rare and lost to the sands of time as the elusive Vampir night sight and Thale B/II helmets?
    I don't think I ever saw one displayed at the Aberdeen Proving Ground museum but I might not have cared or noticed the last time I went....no, i think I would have cared and noticed. Any museums out there with one? Thanks for any help,

Dave

;
    Last edited by Katsumasa; 01-02-2006, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I know of at least one german collector who owns a deactivated Pzfst. 150.

Comment

Pictures of Panzerfaust 150

I cannot remember where they came from , but I believe from a German Magazin called Deutsches Waffen Journal (DWJ)

Comment

and another

Text: The last model of the Panzerfausts from the development line in the Museum for military history in Dresden

Tom
          www.mp44.nl

Comment

Ah, yes, thats what I was looking for! Many thanks!! Now I am curious about one I've seen for lots of internet searches for the Panzerfaust 150...this one has a pistol grip, a nozzle on the back, and just the sight leaf from a regular Panzerfaust mounted far back on the tube. This photo shows a warhead with it but is such bad quality you can't tell much from it, in fact, the pistol grip appears to slope forwards instead of backwards, but it is quite hard to tell. Was curious because this "panzerfaust 150' seems to show all the qualities that the Panzerfaust 250 was supposed to have. Never knew if it was just poor caption writing or what. Thanks for the help and photos!

Dave

Originally posted by MP44_tom
            and another

Text: The last model of the Panzerfausts from the development line in the Museum for military history in Dresden

Tom
            www.mp44.nl

Comment

There was also a Luftfaust. I believe one example was found somewhen in the 90´s in a trench near Dresden.

I have seen many warheads of the 150 m being modifyed postwar for use as a flower dishes. They were lying around on a fleamarket but i simply didnt picked them up.

Will see if i can find a pic of the Luftfaust.

Thanks Jens

Comment

Something like this Jens

Matt

Comment

The weapon in the picture is a "fliegende Panzerfaust 100".

Luftfaust was shoulderfired anti-aircraft weapon consisting of a bundle of barrels which fired a rocket propelled 2 cm HE high capacity shell.
                  Last edited by Zünder; 07-24-2005, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Hi Matt,

looks rather cool but isnt the one i meant.

Its the one Zünder mentioned. The Luftfaust had 4 barrels above each other with a firing mechanismus like common fausts have. I have some pics of a ground dug one right here, but because of some PC problems i cannot post them at the momet.
                    Will do it the next days when i get my new PC.

Bests Jens

Comment

@Jens,

the one you mentioned, with 4 barrel above each other is the Fliegerfaust.

Luftfaust was a circular bundle of barrels, i think there were 2 different versions, the difference being in the amount of barrels, ammo was pretty much the same.

Comment

Luftfaust
                        Attached Files

Comment

thanks for that guys i had allways wonderd were they went as i have only ever seen the photo of a luftwaffer soldier with one looks like just the head was changed and maybe a lager charge in the tube like it was in the 100??

Comment

Thants a nice photo of the luftfaust i beleve they had a 0.2second delay between each launching and were only used in april 45

Comment

http://i.guns.ru/forums/icons/attach...0003_40331.gif

http://i.guns.ru/forums/icons/attach...0003_40339.gif

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X