SS Diensaltersliste name search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Diensaltersliste name search

Can someone out there with a Dienstaltersliste look to see if there were any SS officiers with the last name of GLADSSER.

A friend picked up a named SS helmet with that name hand written on the liner. The ss is written in the common form of the German letter for a double s.

The helmet is an M35 dd just to give an idea of the dates to look through.

Thanks!
    Last edited by vonStubben; 02-03-2020, 03:31 PM.

No one by that name is in the lists.

No offense, but are you really sure about the spelling?

I have never seen a "d" followed by an "ss" or "ß" in a name.

Comment

Originally posted by HPL2008 View Post
      No one by that name is in the lists.

No offense, but are you really sure about the spelling?

I have never seen a "d" followed by an "ss" or "ß" in a name.
      Can you make anything from this? It's priving hard to photograph.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have not had it in hand. Could it read Elsasser?
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks more like "Elsäßer" to me.

The first letter is a bit unclear, and the second looks like a "t" in some photos and like an "l" in others (and I'm looking at this on my phone right now) but I'm sure about the "-säßer" part.
          Last edited by HPL2008; 02-04-2020, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HPL2008 View Post
            Looks more like "Elsäßer" to me.

The first letter is a bit unclear, and the second looks like a "t" in some photos and like an "l" in others (and I'm looking at this on my phone right now) but I'm sure about the "-säßer" part.
            I think so too. I'll have the helmet in hand this Saturday to better examine it and will then be able to give a better report on it.

Comment

I'm with HPL, it looks like Elsasser to me. The chances of it being an officer's helmet are slim, so the DAL probaly won't help much.

Comment

there is one Elsaesser (written with ss not with ß) in the DAL 1938.
                Ustuf. Nov 1935. But I doubt it is the right person as in the DA letter ß is getting used. I assume its anyhow not an officer rank named helmet about the chance of %.

Comment

I appreciate the help. I didn't really expect him to be found in the DAL but figured it was a start. My next step will be checking with NARA.

Comment

Maybe its a nickname of a man from Elsass (Alsace)?

Comment

There's also this hand written on the inside of the liner which appears to be some sort of an address (maybe?).

1 Elleursoder

Maybe the address of a Kaserne..... I really don't know.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ellenrieder ?

Comment

Okay.....I have been crazy busy this past week and couldn't get back to this thread until now.

I saw the helmet last weekend. The M35 shell itself is good as are the double decals. The liner however is a replacement and not original to the shell. I can't say when the present (original) liner was installed but can say that the inside of the fingers has a Po 1940 police ink stamp as well as what has already been posted.

The owner is happy with it the way it is so that's all that matters. Since the information written inside the liner can't be verified as having anything to do with the shell no more study is necessary because I don't believe thay have anything to do with one another.

My thanks to those who have contributed to this thread.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X