couple of new photos with unit questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couple of new photos with unit questions

some recent aquisitions with a few questions.. the first one is a truck with a couple of letters and such. I know what the G stands and that the tactical symbol is for signals but what I need to know is what the L below the signals is for and the J on the upper part of truck box means..Thanks all. Mike

this one I am assuming it is a tactical symbol but I could be wrong. Any thought? Mike
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=103481

follow this link to a new thread.
    Last edited by R MICHAEL; 05-26-2005, 09:15 PM.

Comment

J is an I

Hi there,

The "J" you see on the truck is actually an "I", and stands for "Instandsetzung", or repair vehicle.

Cheers
      Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve for the info...

Originally posted by S Ballantyne
        Hi there,

The "J" you see on the truck is actually an "I", and stands for "Instandsetzung", or repair vehicle.

Cheers
        Steve
        Anyone else can help me with the other questions. thanks again..Mike

Comment

back to the top hoping some one may help... Mike

Comment

I was checking the world war two day by day site and found an emblem very very close to this one. it is for the 297th infantry div. in october 1942 in Stalingrad. The difference is the arrow on mine is pointing in and the 297th is pointing outward. So needless to say I would like opinions... thanks all... Mike
            Originally posted by R MICHAEL
            this one I am assuming it is a tactical symbol but I could be wrong. Any thought? Mike
            http://chrito.users1.50megs.com/_dat...ricemblems.htm
            Last edited by R MICHAEL; 05-26-2005, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Well, like I said, I cannot help with the unit signs but I can identify the two vehicles I believe. The first is a Zis 5V (russian) and the second is an Austro-Fiat and I believe it is an FD6 model, possibly an impressed vehicle judging by the headlamps and the body style.

Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill! You saved me the effort of posting them to your thread.... Great to know what kinda trucks..... Mike

I thought the second truck was not German but as for the first I was without a clue... It has the styling features of a ford, minus the windscreen, and the fenders look like early chevy....... Thanks again!

Originally posted by Bill Murray
                Well, like I said, I cannot help with the unit signs but I can identify the two vehicles I believe. The first is a Zis 5V (russian) and the second is an Austro-Fiat and I believe it is an FD6 model, possibly an impressed vehicle judging by the headlamps and the body style.

Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X