Real or Fake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real or Fake

A man is selling this SS honor ring and claims it is real however I want confirmation, the pics he took are crap but can anyone give an educated guess on whether or not this is a replica or the actual thing.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

I am no expert to make a comment on these but for me . . .
    It doesn't make any sense Let use this on the basic of trial and deduction.
    I wear a very good copy of one of these its the best ever made by the father of a very respected member here.
    This isn't the first one I have had but I find it odd that all of the side of the ring has worn when in fact none of the ones I have ever owned hasn't
    Secondly all the runes are not worn but the skull is ???
    The runes on the copies I have had have all worn on the runes as this is on the bottom. If I was offered this I think I might be a bit reluctant to buy it on the effects I've notice

If I am wrong I'll shut the fcuk ~ up and wont do it again
    Regards David

Comment

For any comment much better photos would be required. I can see nearly no detail, since current photos are very poor. Also I would like to see photos of the inside.

It looks like that there is nearly nothing inside (I mean the writing inside) but it is strange I have seen rings worn out really hard, but inscription was never even touched with exception of the rings in which holders scratched their names. If it is true that the inscription gone, then for sure it is not original. Second if inscription was scratched, then the value of the ring decreased much since random rings without option to identify the holder are for sale for much less ... .

Comment

Hi,

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=930550&page=3

Posts or new threads which contain photos that are hosted by an outside source will be erased!
        In special cases, at the discretion of moderators or association members, photos from outside hosting might be and can be copied and pasted back into such threads by moderators or any association member. The goal is not censorship but preservation of thread integrity.

You can upload pictures on the WAF if you become an association member.
        The fee is 35 usd per yearly subscription and it will give you access to the e-stand market, in which you can sell items without any fee to pay.

I'm reposting the (useless) low-quality pictures for the WAF archives.

See You

Vince
        Attached Files

Comment

Comment

The engraving on HR rings was cut deep enough where even on badly worn rings (exterior), the majority of the inside engraving is still legible even on the earliest rings. There is certainly no reason for the H in 'Heinrich' to be missing the through stroke when the rest of the letter appears clearly.
            2) The Sig 'N' rune looks far too heavy/bulky and the swastika looks wrong as well.

The quality of the photos are a red flag even if you have no idea of what you are looking at.

Comment

Pics shown are enough to tell it's bad, IMO

Ric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X