Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Brocade Validation

Hello Gents,

Belts/Buckles aren't my niche so I'm reaching out for some assistance to get opinions on authenticity and ballpark value if it's the real deal. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Attached Files
    https://www.ww2treasures.com

Buckle is ok. Can't say that for the brocade. More pics are needed
    Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Thank you Jean Pierre Redeuilh. Here are more pictures.

Attached Files
      Last edited by Berghof; 04-19-2019, 03:52 PM.

Comment

The belt appears to be a nice original.

Comment

Indeed. looks alright
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh
          All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Thank you for your responses. Any idea on value?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Berghof View Post
              Thank you for your responses. Any idea on value?

Thanks

I love those belts! No question on the belt but the other guys know the buckle. On value, who knows these days. You don't know until it sells. I think it will sell someplace for 1800 or more. I know people will ask a ton but....try getting it.
              Wonderful set
              Bob
              www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BobI View Post
                I love those belts! No question on the belt but the other guys know the buckle. On value, who knows these days. You don't know until it sells. I think it will sell someplace for 1800 or more. I know people will ask a ton but....try getting it.
                Wonderful set
                Bob
                Matter of fact I sold mine today for $2500 USD. Belt was more worn but with its very early RZM tag still intact. Buckle was a 36/38. Direct vet purchase, belt and buckle always been together. I had also another collector interested by the same set, so it would had been sold twice for that price. Condition makes a difference. Buckle marking makes a difference. Any distinctive feature makes also a difference.
                I believe there is a trend now in the Forums to promote only bargain prices, not anymore regular prices one is able to find most of the time. Of course if someone is not a real collector and collects only "bargain" prices, it is a collection of its own. But in my opinion it is also as bad as a greedy dealer asking sky high prices for common stuff. Both are looking for someone to rip off. The greedy dealer to get more profit for what he purchased most likely as cheap as possible, and the "deal hunter" to abuse someone not knowing the value of what he/she has or taking advantage of someone else in great need of money. It is easy to say: "I gave him/her the price he/she wanted to" and be happy with his/her conscience. But, in fact, that person was just ripped off. There is NO difference between a bargain hunter and a greedy dealer. Same stuff: they both abusing someone else.
                Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Hi JP!
                  As an X dealer I will say, only God knows what things sell for these days. It is hard to buy and hard to sell, too hard to make a living from.
                  When I buy now I keep in mind I am buying things I will be happy keeping for a very long time. Black backed belts are much harder to find then the green ones. I have two that are named and I will probably die with them, they are really cool!
                  Best Wishes,
                  Bob

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post
                    Matter of fact I sold mine today for $2500 USD. Belt was more worn but with its very early RZM tag still intact. Buckle was a 36/38. Direct vet purchase, belt and buckle always been together. I had also another collector interested by the same set, so it would had been sold twice for that price. Condition makes a difference. Buckle marking makes a difference. Any distinctive feature makes also a difference.
                    I believe there is a trend now in the Forums to promote only bargain prices, not anymore regular prices one is able to find most of the time. Of course if someone is not a real collector and collects only "bargain" prices, it is a collection of its own. But in my opinion it is also as bad as a greedy dealer asking sky high prices for common stuff. Both are looking for someone to rip off. The greedy dealer to get more profit for what he purchased most likely as cheap as possible, and the "deal hunter" to abuse someone not knowing the value of what he/she has or taking advantage of someone else in great need of money. It is easy to say: "I gave him/her the price he/she wanted to" and be happy with his/her conscience. But, in fact, that person was just ripped off. There is NO difference between a bargain hunter and a greedy dealer. Same stuff: they both abusing someone else.
                    Dear members,

Jean is absolutely right, but I would say that Forums with a sale platform like e-stand contribute to keep prices low, not to promote bargain. The main reason is that direct contact between actual owners and potential buyers, without professional dealers assistance, allow to save dealer's gain which is an actual cost for involved parts.
                    In addition if starting price is off market, e-stand system promote progressive price lowering to allow buyers and sellers to obtain satisfaction, of course closing price represents a true benchmark for future sales (of similar pieces).....like it happens in auctions.
                    That said we all know that scarcer pieces are seldom offered by e-stand, so if advanced collectors want to add them to their collection they need to wait for "the opportunity of life". When it happens (sadly) that a true collector/expert decides to sell his beautiful collection, built in many years of hard hunting by selecting the best pieces offered, that represents "the opportunity of life" and true collectors must recognize it as such. I myself recognized such opportunity twice in my collecting life, about ten years ago by Marc Verstrate collection sale and now by Jean Pierre Redeuilh's, conseguently I decided to do all my best to take both opportunities.
                    I only hope many collectors will do the same.......because it will take a long time before Ric's collection go on the market

Good hunting

Ric
                    Last edited by Ric Ferrari; 04-23-2019, 03:15 AM.

Comment

I appreciate the comments on the piece in question. Thank you.

This particular piece is from a family member that brought it back. He recently passed. I just wanted to make sure the family gets a fair price, if they want to part with it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobI View Post
                        It is hard to buy and hard to sell, too hard to make a living from.
                        I do not know about making a living from this kind of business since I never been a dealer. But one thing is sure in your statement: It is hard now to buy quality SS buckles. Even very hard should I say. Most of what I see offered in various places, or should I say remaining for sale long enough to qualify for a somehow "market value" since few years is just, IMO, poor condition SS buckles I would never had purchased in my collecting years. Once in a while, JUST once in a while, there is a quality offering. But that offering disappear in a blink of an eye, leaving only collectors dreaming they COULD have purchase it. But such collectors are just full of bitter regrets because they were not able to get it in time: only ONE was. But instead they will claim out loud this was "market value" expecting been able to be there is time at a future date, which most likely will never happen to them.

In about 6 months I have now sold over 40% of my own collection. Most has been sold to European collectors, France and Benelux been top then Italy been second. Very few in the USA. My prices are not cheap, but they are not crazy high either. At least, strictly none of my SS buckle was sold to "estand" price since those, in my opinion are not constant/reliable prices. Those are the prices dictated by people in need to quick cash and this is a market where hawks are waiting for mouses. I used to be a hawk but I am far to be a mouse... But quality of what I sell is quality of what was available many years ago, not currently. Believe me there is still real collectors knowing what they do (Ric is an example, Marc Verstraete was another in his time) and still accepting to invest today for quality. And they do it. Just let the deal hunters hunt for their deals, do not play their game. They are just as bad as rotten dealers and they will barely have true quality items. Ric and I are knowing you. You always been a great and more than anything, a very honest dealer. Don't let others eat you alive! They are the ones who will later laugh in your back, having taken profit on your own lack of confidence.
                        Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post
                          My prices are not cheap, but they are not crazy high either. At least, strictly none of my SS buckle was sold to "estand" price since those, in my opinion are not constant/reliable prices. Those are the prices dictated by people in need to quick cash and this is a market where hawks are waiting for mouses. I used to be a hawk but I am far to be a mouse... But quality of what I sell is quality of what was available many years ago, not currently. Believe me there is still real collectors knowing what they do (Ric is an example, Marc Verstraete was another in his time) and still accepting to invest today for quality. And they do it. Just let the deal hunters hunt for their deals, do not play their game. They are just as bad as rotten dealers and they will barely have true quality items. Ric and I are knowing you. You always been a great and more than anything, a very honest dealer. Don't let others eat you alive! They are the ones who will later laugh in your back, having taken profit on your own lack of confidence.
                          Nicely stated.

Comment

Thank You JP!
                            You two have always been great also! I will not stop being a dealer but only do it for fun, items I really like that are quality, I will not let go unless I get what I want. Items that do not mean anything to me I am more flexible on but will eventually turn them into items I buy with a collectors eye. Many of my friends are from this hobby so I can never leave, I still love the people, history and treasure. BTW, the belt and buckle that started this thread are what I consider "treasure". Just such a sharp set!!!
                            Thank You!
                            Bob

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X