This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inherited Badges

HI ALL, I WAS HOPING TO GET SOME EXPERT ADVICE. i RECENTLY INHERITED MY DADS WWII COLLECTION. IN IT ARE TANK 25, 50, 75 AND 100 BADGES, MANY PILOTS BADGES, KREIGSMARINE, TANKER SILVER DESTRUCTION STRIPS, IRON CROSSES, ASAULT BADGES- AND MANY MORE....I TRIED TO LOOK AT WHAT WAS REAL AND NOT ON YOU VERY INFORMATIVE SITE HERE- I AM GOING BLIND TRTYING TO DO SO- I HAVE A DIGITAL CAMERA AND CAN TAKE PIX- IS SOMEONE WILLING TO HELP??? THERE ARE OVER 50 BADGES- DAD HAD THEM FOR YEARS AND SWORE THEY WERE REAL- WELL THANKS-

If they are real, it sounds like your Dad had one helluva collection. Start posting images, little by little, and the various experts on this forum will help. This is is the best resource on the web.

BTW - Try not to type in all capitals. Writing in all capitals usually means you are yelling.

Comment

Thank you

Brian, I will try to post some images today...sorry bout the caps..
      I was quite impressed with the depth of knowledge here- so I will get some images up shortly...thx again

Comment

I am unable to post attachements- how do I get enabled for that?

Comment

In order to add photos you must be a member of the Association. Please go to www.wehrmacht-association.com and fill out an application if you're interested. The dues are $20.00, and you get access to a member only site, member only forum, and the e-stand.

It's well worth it!!!!

Comment

rippa,

on behalf of the association members, to post pics you need to be a paid association member. The cost is a mere US$20 and by the sounds of it, it would be $20 well invested with all the items you will need to post.

Here's the URL to join. PayPal is accepted:

http://www.wehrmacht-association.com....cgi?join_id=1
            Welcome aboard!

Regards

Richard
            Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
            Decorations of Germany

Comment

here is a link to some items until I canpost here- I did join, but am still unable to post images.

Jeff

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b333a3d50526

Comment

Hi Jeff,

No disrespect meant to your late father, but the truth hurts:

without the exception of a few common items, I have not spotted one original among the rarer awards.

Even among the common ones there are some foul apples (e.g. the Olympic Medals).

Sorry, to be the bearer of bad news and to sound so harsh but if want to get into serious collecting, you better start all over.

It would be interesting though to take a closer look at some awards, e.g. the 75 numbered tank badge, the 75 and 100 marked GABs.

Cheers, Frank
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

No disrespect taken.... I do not know anything about these awards so that is why I am here....I knew that if anyone could help determine what was real or not it would happen here....thank you. I will take ore photos over the next few days and post- hopefully I will not be dissapointed.

thanks again....

Comment

Hello Jeff,

Interesting collection, are these your pics are ones that your dad took?

Best Regards,
                    JD
                    What we do in life ehoes in eternity.

Comment

I have taken them...he had them stored for years- I am still getting them from mom- who as she finds more just boxes them and sends them out- thanks- I can take a pic of any angle or item.

thx

Comment

is this real? or repro?

I am attaching a kreigsmarine w/ diamonds my Dad was very happy with-
                        Last edited by Lorenzo Brown; 01-30-2003, 11:01 PM.

Comment

anyone know what this patch is?

Here is a unidentified item from the collection...thanks for any input...
                          Last edited by Lorenzo Brown; 01-30-2003, 11:01 PM.

Comment

another unidentifed item....

here are two items that were stored together...I have no clue what the were for or from....thx Jeff
                            Last edited by Lorenzo Brown; 01-30-2003, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Anti partisan badges

Here is what was labeled a silver AntiPartisan badge- any comments ?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Lorenzo Brown; 01-30-2003, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X