Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ron, I have to agree with Jean-Claude, I have never seen a cloth Marine Bund Breast Eagle with a set up like that one! Congratulations!

Jean-Claude, I love the hybrid of Cellon and Bullion as I have that very set up on my Luetnant z.S Peaked hat! I really like the enhanced breast eagle as well. I'll gladly take it off your hands for $10.00 as I know you will want to make a profit on it
    Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=Kondor;5029591]
      Jean-Claude, I love the hybrid of Cellon and Bullion as I have that very set up on my Luetnant z.S Peaked hat!

Kondor,
      Beautiful cap set! Glad to confirm that this configuration is in fact a set but did you notice your eagle is a "tad" different than mine ? If I see this right, your eagle seems to have a cellon body while mine has a bullion body. You know variations are the norm in hand made insignia but you gotta love those guys for their creativity! Funny thing is I have not seen a single breast eagle in this thread that was made that way (hybrid) but they should be out there.

Well, its been fun but thats about it for me on KM stuff. I'm attaching a last pict with my embroidered eagles but they are basically the same as some already shown here. I have a few others (metal cap insignia, bevo eagles etc) that I will post later if the missing box I cant seem to locate didnt wind up in the recycling bin when the wife went on her last cleaning marathon

Take care

JC
      Attached Files

Comment

Jean-Claude,

I dug this one up so you can see the bevo version attached to a felt backing. I for got I had it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Also a regular Coastal Arty with the backing still in tact.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice birds condor, the embroidery top one (post 94) seems very thick on the wreath: sure werent too stingy with the thread on that one! I also like feld mounted bevo in post 93 and wish I can eventually get more of those.

I have a few bevo yellow on green KM with different shades of yellow (in the missing box) but they are not on backing but I also have 1 regular KM (yellow on navy blue), a few Heere , Luftwaffe, NSKF and other bevo that are mounted on felt. Heard somewhere that "felt mounted" bevo insignia was available for sale while "non mounted" bevo was for factory use
            when making uniforms is that so?

Merry Christmas!

JC

Comment

Lots of nice birds have flocked together here Here's some of mine. Photos not the best as too sunny and should have shot in the shade.

Richard
              Attached Files

Comment

Officers and cap eagles
                Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
                    Beautiful Marinebund eagles Ron. Have seen them before but never the pin back cloth mounted version always the metal ones: there mus'nt be too many of those around!

Again, a beautiful set: congrats

JC

JC,

One for 250 Euro listed on Weitze's site......

https://www.weitze.net/detail/95/NS_...g__142295.html

Best regards,
                    RonR

Comment

Originally posted by RonR View Post
                      JC,

One for 250 Euro listed on Weitze's site......

Best regards,
                      Thanks the tip Ron, much appreciated

A real beauty : I hope its still there when I recuperate from Santa's visit!

Best regards

JC

Comment

Well, this one showed up at the door yesterday and I didnt have the hearth to leave it outside in the cold. Also figured it would be a nice way to close off this tread for 2011 because its particularly well suited to KM eagles being a Schwerin product...

A real beauty but hard to take pictures of the front to do it justice because its vaulted and shines like quality gilding even if it is made of aluminum (doesnt look like anodizing). One thing for sure the pin is sturdy enough it shouldnt just fall off

Happy new year everyone and may there be many other KM breast eagle in 2012!

JC
                        Attached Files

Comment

A lot of good eagles have been posted, makes me want to go and get some more.

Regards,

Jerry

Comment

Me too Jerry...

I collect a bit of everything Third Reich and I figured I had a small but reasonably representive sampling of KM eagles but after following this thread I know different so I'll try to get a few more I really liked

JC

Comment

Officer White Eagles

I have been under the weather lately and busy building a web site for my local airborne vet organization to help wounded warriors, so I have been meaning to get these two KM eagles up as I didn't see any Officer eagles on White backing. These two came from Kapitan z.S K-F Merten (U-68) with some other items.
                              The hat eagle was sewn to a hat, however the Breast Eagle is mounted on a metal back plate which screwed onto the white Affen Jacke. I have them displayed in my "bunker" (as the wife calls it), so shots of the reverse are not available at this time
                              Attached Files

Comment

These two eagles then were de-nazified by Kapitan Merten while he was a POW of the Americans. He continued to wear both, but he just picked out the swastika's thus complying with the regulations of the time.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X