X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear All,

Don't know if this link may help.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=roughshooter

My buttons are lower and band has slightly less width.

Regards Craig.

Comment

wrong thread..

Moderator, Please transfer this tread to the "Cloth Headgear Forum".
      For eventual more opinions from Peaked cap´s knowers. Best, norge

Comment

Interesting visor. With the two covered holes I would normally yell “rebuilt army” but not with this one. I think the holes are very interesting and would require a hands on with the cap. It does have a few things going for it. The cap band looks too wide for an army (as long as the pasteboard is just as wide). The lining looks great and not messed with and so does the sweatband. The TK holes do not look messed with. If it had a cockade I would think the holes would be a bit closer together and/or spread open more. The holes are a mystery and call me crazy but I think it has a pretty good chance of being a good one.

Comment

I Also Like The Look Of This Cap. Possibly The Pasteboard Was A Stock Item Predrilled For The Army Wreath.
          From The Images, My Initial Feeling Of This Hat Is A Period Item.

Comment

for this original SS visor cap. I agree with Bob above regarding the pasteboard, but that doesn't mean anything.
            Last edited by Robert H; 04-06-2007, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Is there a possibility that it was once a EM/NCO Railway Police cap and the two holes are from a wreath?

Best,
              Attached Files

Comment

Vaughn,I though the same thing at first but wouldn't the Bahnshutz have a much bluer color cap? I agree the similarities are there but I would expect more of a bluish tint to a Bahnshutz.

Comment

Hi Nick, True enough. The Railway Police caps are quite blue but so were pictures #1, #2 and #3 (on my monitor, anyway). Pictures #6 and #7 are a green that matches one of my Waffen visor caps. So I guess it depends upon which pictures reflect the true color of the cap.
                  Vaughn

Comment

Originally posted by Vaughn O. View Post
                    Hi Nick, True enough. The Railway Police caps are quite blue but so were pictures #1, #2 and #3 (on my monitor, anyway). Pictures #6 and #7 are a green that matches one of my Waffen visor caps. So I guess it depends upon which pictures reflect the true color of the cap.
                    Vaughn

I see what you are saying. I hope the true color is more like 6 & 7.

Comment

Nick and Bob
                      I'm glad that you both seem to like this visor.If this one is wrong than we all need to rethink our involvement in a hobby that can produce this level of fake.

Comment

I believe the hat is wartime, its just a matter of whether or not it was originally SS at the time it was made. Norge, are the holes sealed over with some sort of material/laquer?
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Heck,it's Friday night...let's go for it!!

Why is it, that we look for excuses etc. when the MANUFACTURING techniques are just so wrong?

These caps, civil, muni, Army, Luft or even SS were turned out by the thousands..day after day...by the same people utilizing the same materials...day in and day out!!

Cottage made, late war made or any other (dealer) excuse does not hold water!!! The sewing (industerial) machines utilized for these things produced the same (cap) over and over and over again. This is why we can clearly SEE an EM cap, a Pekuro, an EreL.....

The cost of these things and the rarity ALLOWES some collectors to go blind and readily accept stuff that is appealing but in no way period!!!
                          Regards,
                          Dave

Comment

Dave--just so we understand your opinion, do you think the had is a converted bahnschutz/heer, or a postwar creation?
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                              I believe the hat is wartime, its just a matter of whether or not it was originally SS at the time it was made. Norge, are the holes sealed over with some sort of material/laquer?
                              First thing I thought about the holes is why bother sealing them, then I thought about our recent thread on untreated pasteboard and I thought this sealing may have been done to avoid damp getting into the board though the holes, then i thought did they really care. I don't know about this one, I'm going back to bed.....

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                                Dave--just so we understand your opinion, do you think the had is a converted bahnschutz/heer, or a postwar creation?
                                I belive he think it is a POSTWAR creation...
                                norge

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X