• Show
Clear All

Faked EK1 1914 mm Y backside
    Attached Files

Comment

Faked EK1 1914 mm Y mm
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is another 1870 fake. Source is not known to me but fake it is. Artificial patina and low quality:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Peter Wiking; 03-29-2005, 04:48 AM.

Comment

gentlemen-

thank you for pointing out these "gems".
          although i've not had my paws on any
          of them, the pictures are quite helpful!

joe

Comment

Prussian Allgemeine Ehrenzeichen FAKE

Gentlemen,
            I am truly, greatly encouraged that someone has taken the initiative to try to illuminate neophites like me to the dangers of copies, especially those that are passed off as legitimate, original pieces. I thought I was pretty savvy about things, but I have learned more about copies in the past month just going through this thread than a month of sundays. And as much as it hurts to say, because it makes doesn't make me look too smart, I see that in my collection there are some items that I thought were "right". Well, wrong! I have inadvertedly purchased some items that I thought were good and instead turned out to be duds, in the words of the late, great Eric Ludvigsen. One of my earliest purchases was a Prussian Allgemeine Ehrenzeichen 1st Class. Compared to correct ones that I purchased later, this one weighs a ton, is solid, as compared to original issue ones which are hollow, and the gilt center looks like someone had indigestion and did something indecent to it. Here are its scans. More to come.
            Tony Colson
            Attached Files

Comment

Prussian Allgemeine Ehrenzeichen 1st Class FAKE

Here is the reverse.
              Tony
              Attached Files

Comment

There are Factory New M-15 EM/NCO Prussian buckles around, many still in the original wrap, so don't assume that a perfect example must be fake. GWM had a crate of them some years back with documentation as brought back by a high-ranking US officer.

Comment

PlM fake

Even though there was a Thread in which I included this one already I thought it should be listed here as well:

bronze gilt single strike coined, enamled and the best on the market...
                  Attached Files

Comment

PlM fake

another angle:
                    Attached Files

Comment

PlM fake

and another angle:
                      Attached Files

Comment

"Pour le Merite for NCO's"

And the newest fake on the Prussian Military Merit Cross or "Pour le Merite for NCO's":
                        Attached Files

Comment

"Pour le Merite for NCO's"

...and the reverse
                          Attached Files

Comment

"PlM for NCO's"

...and the nice fake marking...yet correct after the original "W 938":
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by medalnet; 05-08-2005, 07:55 PM.

Comment

The "Goldene Militärverdienstkreuz" looks dangerous! But I think there were no originals with a "800" silver stamp.

Comment

How about a cross with a "900" stamped on a side arm and also "900" stamped on the ring? Many Thanks,
                                Tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X