Japanese volunteer at berlin 1945 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese volunteer at berlin 1945 ?

A japanese volunteer of wehrmacht special units (batallion). Heersgruppe "Weischsel". berlin, april 1945

Do you have more infos about that , please ?

Here are a couple of photos of Japanese in German uniforms wearing the same patch as your picture shows, been told they were Japanese embassy workers who fought in Berlin at the end of the war, although there must have been other Japanese in Berlin.

Comment

i wonder what their fate was.
      Perhaps their chances weren't much worse than if they were stuck in Tokyo during the bombing raids.

Comment

Good thread,maybe you should move it to the "Living History" section.Would also like to know what happened.Brian

Comment

Please someone can tell me where from came the uniform plate,
          and if there are news on these Japanese in German uniform?

many thanks
          cosimo

Comment

This has been covered before on another forum. A famous author and 101 vet had wrote about coming across Japanese soliders in Normandy. There were pictures posted of mongolian men in german uniforms. Seeing these made the author think he had made an honest mistake but now it looks like he could have been right. Those pics would serve to back up the fact that they were at least there somewhere.
            Scott

Comment

Hi scott thanks for your indication. the I know this history, and I have also heard that to the soldiers, of oriental look, of Ostlegionen was said that the GJs would have killed them exchanging them for Japanese soldiers. Plese can you to point out me who is this author

Please can someone point me where I can find the plate ?

many thanks
              cosimo

Comment

His name is Sgt. Donald R. Burgett. He wrote several great books about his time in A co 506. The book is "Currahee". It is a must read if you like first hand accounts of WW2. He has several other titles that are just as good.
                Scott
                Last edited by Striking 9th; 04-16-2007, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Hi Scott many thanks for your help

Comment

There looks to be a cypher on the German Leutnant's shoulder board. It resembles the medical device!

Comment

Originally posted by STRIKING 9TH View Post
                      This has been covered before on another forum. A famous author and 101 vet had wrote about coming across Japanese soliders in Normandy. There were pictures posted of mongolian men in german uniforms. Seeing these made the author think he had made an honest mistake but now it looks like he could have been right. Those pics would serve to back up the fact that they were at least there somewhere.
                      Scott
                      He was most likely looking at Soviet ethnic-Koreans who had been captured on the Eastern Front and then pressed into service on the Atlantic Wall. I do remember hearing that a Japanese Colonel was captured along with a German regiment at Arnhem though.

Best,
                      Gunnar

Comment

I do remember hearing that a Japanese Colonel was captured along with a German regiment at Arnhem though.
                        Hi Gunnar, if you can find this info for us it would be really interesting

I can not able to find where this plate has been published.

I real like it, and I have the curiosity to know what are the infos on the Japanese and Indians in battle on Ostfront (precise or not precise, real or fake).

Comment

This plate come from a russian publication "Military Chronicle 1945 Berlin II"
                          cover

caption of plate

Comment

Dear all,
                            Although this topic is pretty old, I came across shown picture.

As far as I could evaluate, the Japanese guy shown here is Major KOMORI Zengoro (https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%8F...BA%94%E9%83%8E)
                            The shown picture detailed seems to be part of an article, which is calledヒットラーを死守せよとの特命だ.
                            (Unfortunately, I cannot post any pictures here).

Did anybody know this article and can send me a scan or, at least, some biographical data?
                            Beside this, footnote 3 at above mentioned wiki entry refers to a book which I cannot find here (sold off?). Maybe anybody can have a look at this book and send me a scan of the Japanese chapter?

Furthermore, in the mentioned article about Major Komori, an episode is described there. There are some photos of Japanese guys in front of the airplane. These are photos from a former German pilot (in Russia, Krasnoda) collection, which popped up in the 2012. It seems, like some photos were taken for propaganda reasons. But due to the relationship between Japan and Russia, never published.

Did anybody know this article and can send me a scan or, at least, some biographical data?
                            Beside this, footnote 3 at above mentioned wiki entry refers to a book which I cannot find here (sold off?). Maybe anybody can have a look at this book and send me a scan of the Japanese chapter?

BR, Chris

Comment

Does this link help? Maybe not, because the blogger states the Japanese in the photo is in the uniform of the SS when that clearly is NOT an SS uniform. The small inset photo, the uniform appears to be regular Wehrmacht, judging from the collars; the soldier to the right might be POA -- I cannot clearly see the sleeve patch.

--Guy
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X