Smoke Troops ~ Lt.Col. Boards/tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke Troops ~ Lt.Col. Boards/tabs

Been looking for a set like this for a while...
    Attached Files

Nice set. J

Comment

Rare shoulder straps!

Comment

The boards would display nicely on a summer tunic.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Swan View Post
          The boards would display nicely on a summer tunic.

Mike
          Why not on a wool field tunic?

Comment

Just my opinion about simple aesthetics...the nebel waffenfarbe against a white background.

Mike

Comment

I like the tabs but the boards are in my opinion not ww2.
              The red cloth is not what I like to see on original WW2 period boards.

Comment

Originally posted by steiner99 View Post
                I like the tabs but the boards are in my opinion not ww2.
                The red cloth is not what I like to see on original WW2 period boards.
                I agree; the pips are suspect as well.

Comment

Perhaps you could show me what makes the pips suspect? Some evidentiary photos would be in order that might show the difference between the subject pips and war time pips. Anything at all to back up your claim would be very helpful.

Thanx in advance,

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
                    Perhaps you could show me what makes the pips suspect? Some evidentiary photos would be in order that might show the difference between the subject pips and war time pips. Anything at all to back up your claim would be very helpful.

Thanx in advance,

Rick this is very simly to explane. Look to the repro boards at the pictures and compare.

If you like the boards you can buy a lot of them at www.militarytour.com

Best.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here a pair of original boards!
                      Attached Files

Comment

So, you’re telling me to “Look to the repro boards at the pictures and compare.” yet you’re comparison example is a completely different shade of red and you’re linking me to a source for reproduction junk (www.militarytour.com) who, search as I may, I can’t find an example of a slip-on board that exhibits a finished (cut, punched & reenforced) button hole or sewn together loops as the subject examples do. Perhaps I’m a cynic but your empirical evidence, thus far, lacks a certain ‘something’ for a neophyte, such as I, to take to the bank.

How about the pips? Care to detail what makes the pips post war?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Rick I did not say your boards are from militarytour.com and exactly that pair. The example are also artillery types and not smoketroup.
                          It was important to me at times that it was the same cloth and styl etc, not period boards.

Anyway, if you like the shoulder boards and are 100% original to you, everything is great.

Comment

Oh, so I ‘wasn’t’ actually supposed to “compare” the color of the cloth between your random example, found somewhere, and the subject set. Further, I ‘wasn’t’ actually supposed to “compare” the the construction of the braid on between the subject example and your random picture and I ‘wasn’t’ supposed to “compare” the construction of the slip-on tongue of the subject set and your’s. I was supposed to know to compare the “nap” of the cloth of your random example and nothing else? That’s a relief because I was going to compare the background on which these were photographed for definitive proof that mine are fakes. Personally, I had no idea that German manufacturers used only one specific nap of cloth in the construction of the Wehrmacht’s shoulderboards.

As a sidebar ~ on visor caps would you say that any material or nap other than, say, Doeskin is not “what I like to see” or would a cap made of, say Trikot be a possibility for war time construction?

I guess your criteria for nap would preclude either board example below from being war-time. Fakes, right?

(http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=slip+boards)
                            (http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ds#post6038428)
                            Attached Files

Comment

I doubt they are WW2 as well. I don`t like the punched button hole on the strap for instance.

Regards
                              Sonnenwende

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X