Sleeve cut-off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleeve cut-off

Want to find a home for this so thought I would get some eyes on it before I pull the trigger.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

good bevo eagle but looks like it was re-sewn to material

Comment

So, not being the brightest bulb in the pack, you mean someone machine attached the bird to the sleeve fragment?

Rick

Comment

its looks like it was removed then resewn on material.....they do this to up the price but wait for other opinions

Comment

Would anyone care to make a suggestion as to what such a cut-off insignia example might be valued at so I can 'honestly' send it down the road?

Could PM or email - rc@phoenixpwb.com

Thanx in advance. Rick

Comment

Factory chain stitched examples are much more sought after, IMO this is a period done piece. The rank is so sunk into the wool being hand sewn also. The fact it was clearly removed from a scrap book helps it's case as well. You sometimes see insignia that has the "fuzzy" spots around tight areas from where machines bind up the eagle. I don't see any signs of it being removed and reapplied myself and actually like this piece.

Blaine

Comment

Originally posted by BlaineLeamon87 View Post
                Factory chain stitched examples are much more sought after
                ? i dont understad what you mean ,i vote you mean late war zig zac sewning, its okey for mid to late war rzm eagles ,just bevo eagles are early war and this one is perfect sewn on as for that period.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X