Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
    It looks like a Klein maker.
    Evidence to date suggests the KM clasps were made by Juncker, not Klein. There are two versions -- Type 1 with hand-cut margins and Type 2 from a standardized trimming stamp. The clasp in question (if genuine) would appear to be a Type 1 -- better photos would tell for sure.

There's a good pinned thread in the Heer section on all the Honor Roll clasps from this maker which covers the evidence for attribution to Juncker (previously known as "unknown maker").

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Norm F; 02-27-2016, 07:15 PM.

Comment

In the Heer Honor Roll Clasp thread, former WAF member "Honor" illustrated the same sort of trimming variations in the one-piece (i.e. non-Klein) Heer clasps as we see in the KM clasps. He used the term "cut-design" to describe what we would call "Type 1" showing variable detailed hand-sawn cutouts and "full-design" to describe what we would call "Type 2" showing simpler standardized cookie-cutter cutouts.

Best regards,
      ---Norm
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys

thanks to everyone who responded to my post and provided comment.

John thank you for the additional information. I couple of key things that I will be looking for is the pin/prong detail on the reverse of the badge as well as attention to detail for a type I with hand cut margins once I see the award and confirm that this is the type. Right now, the one I have posted seems to look like the furthest on the right in Norm's post of type 1.

I agree what others have said, if it the award does turn out to be authentic, it is likely from the Canadian Horde.

best regards,

Al.
        Last edited by Spitfire; 02-28-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Cased Honor Naval Clasp

Hi Guys

I had previously posted this award for comment but did not have very good pictures at that time and some members thought it looked good from these initial images but to be sure, to come back with better pictures.

I have better pictures now and will re-post.

I do not have better pictures of the attachment pins (will post one of the original poorer pictures), but after examining the award in hand, they are identical to those seen on originals in that they are the narrow pins complete with 6 to 7 striations at the base of each.

In addition, the award came with the original iron straight pin (now black from age) that pins the IC 2nd class ribbon to the underside of the bottom of the lower flock sub assembly that the ribbon/award is drapped around.

I think this award is of the hand cut type shown on the right hand side picture from a post Norm had provided from a Pinned Post in the Heer section on clasps.

Well, let me know what you think,

best regards,

Al R
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Spitfire; 04-18-2016, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

opps - here the pins - not the best picture - but they definitely confer to originals c/w striations at the base of each.

Al
                    Attached Files

Comment

If what you say is correct, then I think there will be no problem with this clasp, but without good pictures of the pins, I will not say if it's good or not. The reason for that is: If I give you "thumbs up" only because what you say and not by seeing the pictures, this can be used if the clasp is being sold elsewhere, like on many of the militaria facebook groups. You can then refere to this thread and say that people on WAF said it was all good. I'm really sorry if I sound like a jerk now, but without good pictures, I just can't give you my opinion.

Best regards,
                      André

Comment

Andre is correct. Better shots. John

Comment

No problem

I'll upload clearer pictures of the pins in the morning

thanks for the feedback

Al
                          Last edited by Spitfire; 04-18-2016, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Hi Guys

some clearer pictures of the reverse showing the pins and attachment to the reverse of the Clasp. There is also a picture of the iron straight pin on the back of the ribbon.

best regards,

Al R
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X