RK - Knight's Cross: K&Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK - Knight's Cross: K&Q

Showing here my period original, "800" marked Ritterkreuz by K&Q. The ribbon loop is unfortunately poorly marked with only one "0" of the "800" being legible....and no "65". The neck ribbon, while it does not have that "silky" feel to it that I would like is - in my estimation - period original, as well.

I hope that members will enjoy seeing this specimen which has been "sleeping" in my personal collection since I acquired it in Germany many years ago.

Regards,

John
    Attached Files

Reverse:
    Attached Files

Comment

Loop:
      Attached Files

Comment

Side view:
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice original K&Q ! I've seen other ones with just an 800 marked loops. I don't know if it is one of those or just a replacement of some sort ? However I do know some K&Q's did come with just an 800 loop. Tom

Comment

Some have 65 marked loops and some do not. I personally believe it was whatever was in the bin at time of assembly.

This cross has the die flaw, on the upper arm of the frame. I have seen this on crosses that I know of long before the dies were sold. I like this cross!

Bob Hritz
            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
              I have seen this on crosses that I know of long before the dies were sold.
              Bob,

when where the dies sold? I guess it was by K&Q, but to whom where they sold?

Thanks,

Dietrich
              B&D PUBLISHING
              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Boy I wish this was sleeping in my collection. I love the patina and the fine K&Q construction. I hope the shots can be added in the right spot on the data base.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                  Some have 65 marked loops and some do not. I personally believe it was whatever was in the bin at time of assembly.

This cross has the die flaw, on the upper arm of the frame. I have seen this on crosses that I know of long before the dies were sold. I like this cross!

Bob Hritz
                  Never heard this before ???? Tom

Comment

Fantastic cross there sir

Comment

I would like to hear the story of the dies being sold to who and when.

Chet
                      Zinc stinks!

Comment

When K&Q closed their business, all their dies were sold. It is not known who bought them.

I recall that K&Q Knight's Crosses were always very difficult to find, prior to the sale of the dies. In the last 10 plus years, K& Q Knight's Crosses have become the most common and least expensive.

It is not impossible that a large quantity were found, in storeage, when the company closed, but that would have been great news for collectors much like the so called Deschler hoard.

I have believed the dies are in existance and the large quantity of K&Q Knight's Crosses are a result of the dies being used today. Of course, this is a personal opinion and each collector may believe or disbelieve my opinion.

Bob Hritz

Comment

If u recall, the story was told by prosper keating so whether you believe it or not is a personal decision.
                          Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                          Decorations of Germany

Comment

This is not a story. It is well known in Germany.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Originally posted by Rich G View Post
                              If u recall, the story was told by prosper keating so whether you believe it or not is a personal decision.
                              That speaks volumes in itself.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X