Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deschler skull on the e-stand

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=600135

Member Dimitri has posted this skull also on another forum: German walhalla, with much better pictures after I requested that and this is what I wrote him after seeing the better pictures:

"it has surface pitting wich indicates to me that this one has been exposed to water for while and has had a surface cleaning. And I still do not like the solder of the pin on the viewers left side. Having said all this, I would not like to own this piece. Especially not to restore a visor if needed."

Now he forgets to state that in his e-stand advertising and call's the skull beautiful and in good condition.

Just wanted other members to be aware...

Here's another thread, same skull:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=598534

Comment

good work Emiel

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
        good work Emiel

Ths skull is removed from the e-stand
        Last edited by Niederlande; 06-09-2012, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Now to me to defend my position...

IMO, people have eyes to see and it's very easy to see that this skull is not in his original finish, all paint left. Price was according this.

In my personal perception, I have several definitions to consider the condition of an item :

- Mint condition : Item in unissued/stock condition
          - Very good condition : Item in nice condition with normal/minimal use
          - Good condition : Item in used condition, showing more use but still very presentable
          - Bad/relic condition : Item rusted, broken...

And yes the skull was removed from the Estand by my personal demand as it was sold in off to a reasonnable price, according the condition !

Sorry if you are not on the same wavelength.

Comment

Dimitri,

It's very simple. The skull is not in a good condition, but you can choose to say so if you like. The point is that it has suffered surface pitting and is cleaned afterwards. And the fact that one of the prongs is most likely resoldered in a sloppy way. This is info that I gave you after you requested opinions. This info should be given to any potential buyer. It's called honesty.

Again, honesty goes a long way!
            And BTW, you called the skull beautiful

Try to stand in the shoes of the person that buys your skull without the full knowledge of the condition and maybe the potential buyer also has no work and saved hard to buy an original ss skull. Finding out later that it isn't that beautiful after all....

Here's what you wrote, so other can make up their own minds:

Hello,

I put for sale this beautifull original Deschler (M1/52) SS skull in zinc.

Good condition, found like that. Intact ties.

Discussed in SS forum section.

Price : 560€ + shipping cost.
            No paypal.

Best regards
            Dimitri D.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X