Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullion para badge

HI Guys

Any thoughts on this one- the eagle is hand embroidered in celleon, it looks pretty good to me?

Thanks

Patrick
    Attached Files

These are very hard to determine, but I must say it looks good.

Comment

Gorgeous piece
      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Thanks Guys!

Comment

Hi Patrick,

These are very hard to authenticate because there are just so few out there. But I will say that the few I have seen and handled, they were NOT like this one you show. Personally, I wouldn't want your example unless I could find a period photo of one like it being worn.

Tom
          If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
          [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
          Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Use caution - the Paki's are getting better every day at embroidery work. Here are two repro examples from Tridentmilitary.com. Not exactly the same as Patrick's, but close...
            Attached Files

Comment

I don't think those Paki pieces are close at all
              WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
                I don't think those Paki pieces are close at all
                Do you know itĀ“s paki crap or do you just believe so, Gene?

Comment

Maybe you need to reread my post. Wait, you NEED to reread my post.
                  WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Ludwig - I think Gene was saying that Paki pieces are really not very good at all.

And he's right, IMO.

Comment

Can someone post pictures of the two accepted versions of this badge.
                      Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the comments so far guys- it is indeed a very interesting badge and I have not seen another quite like it,
                        Tom, I fully appreciate your trepidation with such a rare item however there is a good comparison piece pictured in Niemann's guide on pg 782 which is very similar to the one I have- at least the design of the eagle is very close.

That one appears to be bullion rather than celleon and allowing for differences in hand embroidery I would say it may have utilised the same template. What do you think?

Weitze also currently has a bullion para on which the eagle design is similar (less so than Niemanns) but not far off.

Would you be able to post the ones that you think are ok?

Many thanks

Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
                          Maybe you need to reread my post. Wait, you NEED to reread my post.
                          Yes! You are right, Gene! I was tired and didnĀ“t pay attention. Sorry!

Comment

See Cassidy's FJ Junk thread for one version. I missed picking that one up from my friend Jim Haley PzV on WAF who sold it to Pat Cassidy...I guess Steven his son now owns it.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=479898&page=2

Originally posted by Carlos Quintana View Post
                            Can someone post pictures of the two accepted versions of this badge.
                            Thanks

Comment

Was going to start a thread with this recent pickup but where this one appears to be a match for Patrick's one that started this thread, albiet in bullion versus celleon, I hope no one minds my throwing up some images.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X