Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCC gold with doc

Hi,

I got pictures of these 2 things. These are the only pictures I have at the moment. If there is any chance for original I can ask for more.

Regards,
    dirklein
    Attached Files

It looks like the correct JFS setup, but it also looks too good to be true!

Comment

I would definitely ask for better pictures. I am very skeptical for now...

Daniel

Comment

The Ziegler signature looks OK to me.

Comment

The bayonet grip is different on my 1st pattern JFS ccc.

RickV

Comment

Thank you for your answers, I'll try to get more pictures.

regards,
            dirklein

Comment

Hi guys

This is a very common fake clasp, but its often marked FLL. Looks like the fakers are trying to get smart and changed up the reverse design to make it look like a JFS clasp. However, you really only need to remember the fake obverse design, and this fake will never fool you again, no matter what they change on the reverse.

For those with the CCC book, its the same fake obverse design as Reproduction #7 on page 286, as well Reproduction #13, page 292.

Tom
              If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
              [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
              Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

A well made fake for sure. Like Tom says, the obverse gives it away (I didn't look there first) but even the reverse has it's flaws.
                Any chance for the document? If it were real, it would be worth quite a bit.
                I've seen a few documents and this one looks a little queer. Maybe coffee to age the paper and the typed letters not consistent in color. I really don't know much about these.
                You might want to put the document up on the appropriate forum to see if it has a chance.

Regards,
                Frank

Comment

I'm not up on SS organization, but I notice the soldier is supposed to belong to "Danmark", but the stamp is from "Nordland". Would that be correct?

Also, it's filled in to say the 3rd level of the NKS in Gold. I haven't by a long shot seen all NKS docs, but don't they usually just have I / II / or III entered? Not the "bronze/silver/gold" designation?

best
                  hank
                  Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                  ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

The document is a fake as well.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Hankmeister View Post
                      Also, it's filled in to say the 3rd level of the NKS in Gold. I haven't by a long shot seen all NKS docs, but don't they usually just have I / II / or III entered? Not the "bronze/silver/gold" designation?
                      Hi Hank,

I have seen it both ways on originals, but I completely agree that this document is bogus. The paper material looks incorrect and a few other discrepancies.

Tom
                      If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                      [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                      Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Both the doc and clasp are fakes, stay away.

Thanks,
                        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mvm71 View Post
                          Both the doc and clasp are fakes, stay away.

Thanks,
                          Mike
                          Agree! But still, the Ziegler signature looks good, which means the forgers get better and better every day...

Comment

There's problems here. Seebach's award of the NKSiG was dated March 16, 1944. It was awarded to him as Kompanie Chef of 5./Danmark. So this document has the wrong date, by a year, and has him as the acting commander of the company, rather than as the full commander. It doesn't add up.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcRikmenspoel View Post
                              There's problems here. Seebach's award of the NKSiG was dated March 16, 1944. It was awarded to him as Kompanie Chef of 5./Danmark. So this document has the wrong date, by a year, and has him as the acting commander of the company, rather than as the full commander. It doesn't add up.
                              More interesting info, but by now I guess nobody believes in this set. The jury has already given its verdict, so to say.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X