No announcement yet.

Dealer's Display Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These were made up for GI's after the war using left over inventory. Sometimes they even added post war assembles badges, wrong ribbons, etc.

Tom

Comment

I just discovered this fascinating thread!

I wonder if I could make a plea to both Dale and John. Could you please post closeups of the Destroyer badge, both obverse and possible flash photo from the side catching a bit of the reverse setup, and also describe the reverse setup if possible? This could be quite important to us "KM guys"!

Mind you, it's interesting there's an AGMuK CCC -- that means we can't assume all unmarked products are by Deumer, but it would be good to identify this Destroyer anyway.

Best regards,
      ---Norm

Comment

Woah! I missed this gem of a thread! Great stuff

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
          I just discovered this fascinating thread!

I wonder if I could make a plea to both Dale and John. Could you please post closeups of the Destroyer badge, both obverse and possible flash photo from the side catching a bit of the reverse setup, and also describe the reverse setup if possible? This could be quite important to us "KM guys"!

Mind you, it's interesting there's an AGMuK CCC -- that means we can't assume all unmarked products are by Deumer, but it would be good to identify this Destroyer anyway.

Best regards,
          ---Norm
          Norm,
          I had already removed all of the badges when I first bought this board many years ago (forgive me, I was a young collector then) as I was curious to see the makers, and I retied them with the original thread and in the same way, so I just decided to take this one off the board to get you some pictures. Forgive me for the poor quality but it is almost night here and I couldn't get my scanner to work on this either. The hook is pressed too close for me to open the needle so I had to leave it in place. Interestingly, the hinge is set up exactly like most L/11 marked EK1s that I have seen, so the connection to Deumer may be there. Hope this helps you.
          Dale
          Attached Files

Comment

a
            Attached Files

Comment

b
              Attached Files

Comment

Last photos.
                Attached Files

Comment

Awesome Dale!

That's exactly the type of badge I was expecting to see, and pretty well confirms it as the Deumer zinc Destroyer.

It's the same obverse design as the G.W.L. marked tombak Destroyer, but interestingly the G.W.L. marked versions are all double-stamped resulting in a bit of ghosting of the fine features while there is an identical single-struck unmarked version with a classic Deumer set-up which we call the Deumer Destroyer. Now, this zinc version matches the tombak "Deumer" Destroyer and has a reverse setup typical to Deumer zinc Minesweeper badges.

There remains a small possibility that G.W.L. made these badges, but considering your Deumer board, I'm comfortable calling it a Deumer.

Great stuff!

Best regards,
                  ---Norm

Comment

Glad to be of help!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X