GPB Urkunde bitter sweet story....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPB Urkunde bitter sweet story....

A few of you guys will remember back in 2009 a GPB Urkunde was stolen from a UK dealer http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...en#post3220092
    I had been interested at the time but the group suffered greatly from the loss of its key piece.
    Well ...
    I contacted the owner again and by chance he has just had a boiler leak that had drenched a lot of his paperwork items including the rest of the original grouping of some docs and a lot of nice SS photo's and he said he would be wading through the mess later that day.
    Well...
    3 hours later I had another e-mail he had found the GPB doc that was thought lost for over 3 years stuffed in to the guys wife's party book, IN A SNAP SEAL BAG
    So weird as it is in more ways than one here is the newest addition to my collection,unfortunatly most of the photographs were lost in the flood! Luckily there are enough left on a few so we can at least see what the guy looks like I wonder if someone with a bit of skill could photo shop a couple of these for me and bring them back?

Enjoy, I'm well chuffed. On the hunt for the badges now
    Attached Files

Gold party badge number 51286, keep your eyes peeled please members!
    Attached Files

Comment

more.......
      Attached Files

Comment

It would be great to have this pic photo shopped back to its former glory,dagger and all
        Attached Files

Comment

The wife paid her dues Party books I don't usually collect but I took this one along with the certificate just for histories sake.
          Attached Files

Comment

From the original sales thread:

Wonderfull early collection of SS photos and related early SS political items, including his Austrian issued Gold Party badge citation, party member 51,286 Heinrich Weitzendorfer is shown as Hauptsturmfuhrer in 1938/9 dienstalterliste with TK ring. From a brief overveiw of the set it appears the man was an early Austrian Nazi who reached a high rank in the black SS, attending Arolsen officer training school, a spell with the SD,
            and ultimatly a waffen SS officer with a polizei Battalion engaged in "antipartisan" duties in Poland. In the group comes his wifes Party Book,

Any more info on Heinrich please post away, thanks

Comment

Jon,

I showed an interest in this a few years back and was gutted when Martin told me he had lost the Urkunde!

Glad they are back together in a fitting home.

Comment

Jon,

As the saying goes, "good things come to those who wait".
                I'm glad you're one of those bestowed with good luck!

Mil

Comment

Thanks Friends. I'm just happy it was not stolen after all. Its a shame a lot has been lost to water damage but there is enough to make it a super little grouping still.
                  Just lucky that I was asking about it at the exact time Martin had the flood and discovered the doc

Comment

Fantastic Jon!!! It would be brilliant to reunite the badges with the paperwork. Hopefully they will be out there somewhere

Jim

Comment

Ahh Jim, your still talking to us after your recent defection the the KC fraternity great cross By the way
                      Thanks, yes I hope these GPB are out there someplace,who knows anything is possible with the WWW.

Comment

Very nice document! Was there any information what happened to the badges? Lost in the war?

Best Regards,

Adren

Comment

Apparently it came from a Norwegian guy at a show in Belgium so i'm not sure of the history on how it came out of the Austrian family.
                          But even sometimes when the family have held on to everything there is the possibility a rogue GPB is out there that became seperated in 45 on surrender so never give up hope

Comment

Jon - A wonderful addition to your collection - Congrats

Horst

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                              Ahh Jim, your still talking to us after your recent defection the the KC fraternity great cross By the way
                              Thanks, yes I hope these GPB are out there someplace,who knows anything is possible with the WWW.
                              Jim's with the KC clan now? Oh dear.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X