Awards from veterans belt for opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awards from veterans belt for opinions

Hi all . A few years ago i purchased a Kriegsmarine officers belt with mounted various awards and shoulderboard insignias attatched to it. I got round to gently removing the awards the other evening ( just to photograph them ) then they will go straight back on it before i have the belt professionally mounted . However I do not know much about this field of collecting. They are all in pretty much mint condition and i would genuinely appreciate your comments on them .
    Attached Files

pics
    Attached Files

Comment

more pics
      Attached Files

Comment

and more pics .
        Attached Files

Comment

and yet more .
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi waffen44,
            All nice originals but it is impossible that all of them were awarded to one individual (KM officer).
            Cheers,
            Hubert

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaZ View Post
              Hi waffen44,
              All nice originals but it is impossible that all of them were awarded to one individual (KM officer).
              Cheers,
              Hubert

Hubert, you should read "Das Boot" or "Die Festung" from Mr. Buchheim. There were several officers who collected nearly all of these badges during their career...

Daniel

Comment

Many thanks. Here in great britain the belt came to light on a programme called " the antiques roadshow " where the british veterans son took it to the show for a valuation to sell it . I bought it from the man who bought it from the veterans son . The complete belt is a real work of art . A true british soldiers war booty ! I will put them back on the belt tomo and post photos of the complete belt . I might sell the belt does anyone have any idea as to what the awards are worth ? I collect ss items thiss really is not my field.

Comment

I would say around 1500 pounds for the lot...

Comment

Here is the belt in its entirity ( also shows all the shoulder cyphers , breast eagle and U Boat badge ) . This is a real sleeper since the war.
                    Attached Files

Comment

pics .
                      Attached Files

Comment

last pics .
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi waffen44,

Beautiful pristine original zinc badges. It's really interesting to see which unworn badges were available as "war booty" at the end of the war. Also interesting that such disparately located manufacturers' wares were found together (Berlin, Gablonz, Dresden, Oberstein, Vienna) -- maybe from a Navy depot of some kind?

Could you please post closeups of your SHuCo Destroyer badge as well. I've never seen one in that mint condition before. And the U-Boat badge as well?

Best regards,
                          ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                            Hi waffen44,

Beautiful pristine original zinc badges. It's really interesting to see which unworn badges were available as "war booty" at the end of the war. Also interesting that such disparately located manufacturers' wares were found together (Berlin, Gablonz, Dresden, Oberstein, Vienna) -- maybe from a Navy depot of some kind?

Could you please post closeups of your SHuCo Destroyer badge as well. I've never seen one in that mint condition before. And the U-Boat badge as well?

Best regards,
                            ---Norm
                            One more thing, if it's not too much trouble could you also please post a closeup of the reverse of the belt buckle?

Cheers.
                            ---Norm

Comment

Hi waffen44,

A very nice set of badges/insignia indeed! Thanks for showing them.

I agree, all are nice original zincers, except for the Schwerin HSF which is a nice original tombak example.

As for price, 1500 pounds is probably too low for condition and makers involved. From what I have seen of UK pricing (which tends to be more expensive than elsewhere), the 2nd pattern E-boat, uncommon fo AuxCr and the HSF would each be in the 3-500 pound range.

Regards
                              Mike
                              Regards
                              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X