Lakeside Trader - 2nd Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Still Out There - Vet Family Buy Today - Heer Flak, PAB, IAB, CCC, EK2, HSF, Etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Still Out There - Vet Family Buy Today - Heer Flak, PAB, IAB, CCC, EK2, HSF, Etc

Met with a local family yesterday and today. They wanted to keep all of their father's US medals, photos and documents but had no need for the German items any more. I helped them ID what they had. These are photos from this morning at their house. We had to dig this out of the garage yesterday.

He was an infantryman that served in the 100th Division and was wounded in Bitche, France. He was shot through the thigh on January 8th 1945 and trapped for a day behind enemy lines during the German Bitche counter-offensive of January 8th-10th. He returned to duty in time to take part in the March offensive into the Rheinland.

The family made me copies of his documents.

The German medals are in nice shape. Some, near mint, others have some zinc pest. The PAB I believe is an unmarked Deschler type flat back. The pin literally fell off as a I was examining it .

The CCC is a near mint Bronze JFS, but the catch is broken. The Bronze IAB is unmarked. The Narvik is a silver in killer condition as are the police medals.

The Heer Flak looks like an unmarked F&B and the HSF is unmarked too.

The Luft eagles are for attaching to ribbon bars.

The Gold driver badge (with back plate), like the Narvik, EK2, War Merit, the Police, Gold Wound Badge and CCC appear in unissued condition. I am not positive, but believe the LDO packet is from the Narvik.

The EK2 is marked 16 on the ring.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Colorado; 06-27-2011, 12:38 PM.
    Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice haul Jeff!!
        HC

Comment

Wow, great haul Jeff! Very nice, honest grouping and most of the badges look to be in pretty good condition. Any marks at all on the PAB? Would like to see closeups of the IAB too, looks like an unmarked Muller or possibly a Weidmann??

Congrats on a great find.

Tom
          If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
          [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
          Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

He is right the items are still out there and are coming out of the so called wood work every day.A great find my friend.

I would love to have that gold WW1 wound badge.

Enjoy your hobby
            Dennis J

Comment

Nice finds,congrats

CCC looks like in mint or near mint condition,

would be nice to see some more pictures of those badges a specially Army Flak.

Comment

You have done a very nice find here

Andy

Comment

Very nice find Colorado
                  Regards
                  Rhidian

Comment

Very well done, congrats

Comment

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. We had been discussing what they wanted to sell over the past two weeks.

I am happy they decided to keep the US awards and not sell to me. I think they would have regretted it later. I made sure they understood what each US award was for and how it was documented in his military paperwork.

I will post a couple photos of each badge you have mentioned. First up the JFS Bronze CCC.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Next up is the Heer Flak Badge. It does have zinc pest. Would appreciate your opinions on whether I should apply Vaseline or leave alone.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here is the PAB. Is it a flat back Deschler? Like I said, as soon I as I opened it for the first time, the base of the hinge came off from the badge. What a heart breaker.

Wish I knew now what I didn't know then.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Colorado; 06-27-2011, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Next is the IAB in bronze. Nice finish to the reverse, but the zinc pest on the obverse. Should I treat?

Tom - Hope this helps Identifying the maker.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is my favorite. Wrong forum I know. But I love this Narvik. I am pretty sure it came in the LDO packet although it was not in it when we opened the box.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X