Attached Files

few more....
    Attached Files

Comment

last ones....
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rich,

It's a variant of the unknown flatback maker's minesweeper. These employ the commonest minesweeper obverse design. Most of these have gilded reverses but a few have a silvered reverse like this one.

Whether late war or post-war isn't known for these badges of relatively crude manufacture -- possibly even a continuum of production from late war to postwar in the manner of Souval and S&L. No one knows.

I'm not a big fan of them personally.

Best regards,
        ---Norm

Comment

Minesweeper

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
          Hi Rich,

It's a variant of the unknown flatback maker's minesweeper. These employ the commonest minesweeper obverse design. Most of these have gilded reverses but a few have a silvered reverse like this one.

Whether late war or post-war isn't known for these badges of relatively crude manufacture -- possibly even a continuum of production from late war to postwar in the manner of Souval and S&L. No one knows.

I'm not a big fan of them personally.

Best regards,
          ---Norm
          Hello,
          I agree with Norm about these badges and I also do not care for them either. Not the type of quality I want near my collection.

Regards,
          Jody

Comment

Agree with what Norm and Jody have said. We do not even know if it was one or more than one maker of so called flatback minesweeper.
            Cheers,
            Hubert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X