U-Boat badge packet for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-Boat badge packet for review

Ok heres a Schwerin marked blue packet,,,,lower left corner as shown in Gordon Williamsons book Torpedos Los,,,page#157.......its a twin,,,,,?,,,thanks its on E-stand now,,,,I was asked to have it up for review,thanks Greg
    Attached Files

pic#2
    Attached Files

Comment

pic#3
      Attached Files

Comment

pic#4
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Greg,

First thanks for starting a thread on this packet

I advice you to also do a search on this forum and others to get more info and opinions on these packet.

Being in a book is off course no guarantee that something is good, but I guess you know that.

I don't like these packet and my opinion is that they are fake. You can also find EKII spange packets, Ostmedaille packets, TDB and others in these type op blue colored paper packets. The overall look of these packet is cheap.

Kind regards, Thomas

Comment

I have to say that I do not like this kind of packets, although a lot of collectors and dealers think otherwise.
            You can find this kind of packets also for the HSF badge. From the top of my head I recall that Marcus Hatton thinks they are coppies from the late 60th early 70th.
            Never seen this kind of packet in a period grouping.

Comment

There was a time when I thought these were alright!! But, the more I've looked into these very ''types'' of packets, and as other designated sorts have surfaced over the years - examples as Tom has stated - I am of the opinion these are indeed FAKE.

And indeed I do believe these emanated in the 1960's, I feel confident that I've made a connection between these and numerous other fakes of the period (latter emulations also exist; i.e a reproduction of a fake, so to speak - which is not uncommon at all)

Incidentally, I also own the U-Boot packet along with a few other examples of this guise, too.

Albeit, it leaves us with a somewhat predicament. Am I/we right or wrong? I don't know is the answer to that question. I feel as sure as I can be at this moment in time regarding these packets on a whole, but that dosen't make me correct of course.

Some collecrtors ''believe'' in these examples, as to their reasoning, I don't know?

KR

Marcus

Comment

I also have 2 similar packets I picket up many years ago (25+ years). Interestingly, one is marked CEJ. Now considering the fact that many years ago no one who was collecting had heard of a Junker u-boat badge would someone making fake packets put CEJ on them. I would not think so. Although the shade of blue between my Schwerin & Junker packages is slightly different (the Junkers has a more grey tone), they are identical construction. I would think the badge makers would buy the paper packets from a paper company so it would seem possible that one company could make packets for two different badge manufactureres. I do believe these packets to be original, but then we will always have different opinions, won't we?
                Attached Files

Comment

picture #2
                  Attached Files

Comment

picture #3
                    Attached Files

Comment

picture #4
                      Attached Files

Comment

picture #5
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Brian,

Now compare the Spange and TDB packet with these two, also.

KR

Marcus
                          Last edited by MH184; 11-13-2009, 07:58 PM. Reason: bloody grammar

Comment

Ok,,so where are we with this,,,,??,,,,so we have a stale mate?,,,,so do I remove it from Estand or do I leave it,,,,I bought it about 5 yrs ago,,,and then I got another one from a dealer about 11 yrs ago,,,both were sold to me as originals,,,,,,,,so I also take it that Mr. Williamsons thinks there original too!!,,Thanks you guys for all the info,,,,this hobby gets tougher all the time,,,,

Comment

Hi Greg,

Maybe the dealer also had the book and that is why he/she though they are good.

The people that replied so far think it is fake, I would say remove the sales thread.

Sorry Greg

Hi Brian,

Yes both U-boot packet are the same....so both fake.
                              TDB = fake
                              Spange = fake

PAB 25 and 50 both Silber= fake

For you also sorry, it is not a hobby of mine to tell members they have fake stuff.

Regards, thomas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X