Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA General Kepi Carmine top

Hi Guys,
    I posted this also on the political forum, probably the rarest kepi I have owned. Textbook RZM General's kepi with carmine top, from the the family of the vet who brought it back. The eagle is wrong and was replaced by the vet or had none when he found it? (You can see the holes for the original one). Everything he got appears to be from Munich (kepi has an early RZM tag to August Müller). Initials inside are "V.E", which may be for Friedrich Karl Freiherr von Eberstein, who was an SA General living in Münich. BUT, the RZM tag is an early 1933 version and in 33 he was transfered to the SS, so it's hard to say. (Maybe someone else has a possible option?) Anyway, the kepi is near mint (only a single tear in the leather sweatband by the tag!) With the carmine top it would be for a General in the OSAF or Feldherrnhalle. I hope you enjoy it.

Gerard

verry nice cap Gerard !

Hans

Comment

Gerard-
      I Believe Von Eberstein Only Achieved The Rank Of Oberfuhrer In The S A Before Transfering To The S S. I Also Believe He Was Attached To Gruppe Hochland And Was Never A Member Of The
      O S A F. Regardless Of Who The Owner Was, A Wonderful Piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman View Post
        Regardless Of Who The Owner Was, A Wonderful Piece.
        Indeed!
        a spectaular addition!
        thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman View Post
          Gerard-
          I Believe Von Eberstein Only Achieved The Rank Of Oberfuhrer In The S A Before Transfering To The S S. I Also Believe He Was Attached To Gruppe Hochland And Was Never A Member Of The
          O S A F. Regardless Of Who The Owner Was, A Wonderful Piece.

Sorry Bob, I probably translated this part of his bio wrong. My bad.

Am 1. Februar 1931 wechselte er in den Stab der Obersten SA-Führung (OSAF); ab November 1931 wurde er zusätzlich Gausturmführer für München-Oberbayern. Eberstein, der am 15. September 1932 zum SA-Gruppenführer befördert wurde, führte ab 1. Juli 1932 die SA-Gruppe „Hochland“ in München.

Gerard

Comment

Now THAT is a gorgeous cap! Thanks for showing it...

Comment

Quite extraordinary. It still amazes me how these things are still coming out the woodwork, I love it!

One thing though, what's with this new American phrase "my bad" ? My bad what? You Yanks too busy to finish the sentence?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerard/Relic Hunter View Post
                Sorry Bob, I probably translated this part of his bio wrong. My bad.

Am 1. Februar 1931 wechselte er in den Stab der Obersten SA-Führung (OSAF); ab November 1931 wurde er zusätzlich Gausturmführer für München-Oberbayern. Eberstein, der am 15. September 1932 zum SA-Gruppenführer befördert wurde, führte ab 1. Juli 1932 die SA-Gruppe „Hochland“ in München.

Gerard
                NO, I THINK YOU GOT IT RIGHT. MY REFERENCE JUST QUOTED COMPLETELY DIFFRENT INFORMATION. HOWEVER, WHEN HE WAS ATTACHED TO THE OSAF, THE COLORED TOP WAS YET TO BE AUTHORIZED. YOUR CAP ALSO HAS THE EARLY RZM WHITE LABEL PLACING THE CAP'S MANUFACTURE AROUND THE TIME HE TRANSFERRED TO THE SS. THESE THINGS CAN BECOME A CONUNDRUM.

Comment

Ref:sa General Cap

HI GERALD,SIMPLY STUNNING TO SAY THE LEAST AND A VERY RARE PIECE! THANK YOU FOR SHOWING IT TO US,MARVELOUS!

Comment

Absolutely Astounding! IMO blows any SS kepi or visor cap out of the water in terms of beauty or desirability.

Comment

Thats a rare kepi, you won't be seeing many of these around. Geat condition too. Thanks for sharing it as that is a real treat.

Comment

Am I the only one who likes it just as is with the DRB eagle?!
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                          Am I the only one who likes it just as is with the DRB eagle?!
                          YES!!

Comment

NO! - How can anyone say something is non-textbook on a virtually one of a kind item? I wouldn't change the eagle.

Comment

I actually like it with the eagle that is present.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X