Original Runic RZM Collar Tab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Runic RZM Collar Tab?

Fellows, is this an original rune collar tab? I have a number of these to compare to, and the embroidery looks fine; so does the backing material. What do you think? s/f Robert
    Attached Files

reverse -
    Attached Files

Comment

Real tunic removed moleskin runic tab, and a very nice one. When they get worn, they tend to lose their nap and the backing becomes slick and shiny. The runes on these have a tendency to get really dirty and worn when in use, too. Personally my favourite style, and not very commonly encountered, although not rare.

Strange that the inside lines of the runes are not parallel, but the overall construction looks good to me.

Alex

Comment

Here's some crap pictures of one of mine.

Comment

If that tab was offered to me as an original I would not have bought it. Same goes for the second tab posted. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
            If that tab was offered to me as an original I would not have bought it.

Same here, sorry

Comment

I wouldn't buy it either...

Kind regards,
              Gerd V

Comment

Can anyone explain why they think these tabs are not original? If you don't feel comfortable posting it openly, please PM me. I would really like to know, as I am under the impression that these tabs are 100% wartime made and issued. Thanks guys,

Alex

Comment

Tab Defects.

Tab #1: Very poor execution of the runes and bad buckram stiffener. Does the white stitching threads on the back glow?

Tab #2. Delta. Loose runes construction and note the stiffener material again.

Sincerely,

Charles Betz

Comment

What about this one ? Looks similar

http://www.hannahsreich.co.uk/shop/v...ph=1594&phqu=4

BRGS,
                    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                      What about this one ? Looks similar

http://www.hannahsreich.co.uk/shop/v...ph=1594&phqu=4

BRGS,
                      Alex
                      Sorry there is not similarity's with the tab in the link and the tabs in this thread, the one in the link is real, those in this thread are not. these have appeared in the last 10 years or so, there is also a rank tab to match as well
                      Last edited by Gary Wood; 01-21-2008, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by C. Betz View Post
                        Tab #1: Very poor execution of the runes and bad buckram stiffener. Does the white stitching threads on the back glow?

Tab #2. Delta. Loose runes construction and note the stiffener material again.

Sincerely,

Charles Betz
                        Charles,
                        i would say looking at the design they are both the same just one is poorly done which can happen with embroidery machines.

On another note Did Delta produce a fake embroidered runic? i have never seen one to date, and as most know there are 3 major defects in the delta type tab as well as the executed emblems,

The style of the positing line on the back is one,

the base cloth they are embroidered onto

the thread that is used to embroider them

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                          If that tab was offered to me as an original I would not have bought it. Same goes for the second tab posted. Just my opinion.
                          I agree 100%

Rob

Comment

Tabs

Hello Gary,
                            In regard to the 2nd tab, I am going by the buckram backing which is like the Delta manufacture. I also am not too happy with the general application of the runes. While the white thread on the back does not correspond to the normal Delta positioning, I think it's position on the top and bottom of the back would give me pause immediately. Thinking about it now, I can't positively call it a Delta reproduction but certainly a reproduction.

The 1st tab does have a machine malfunction look to it. As you said, they do appear to be the same but reproductions nonetheless. The first is much newer than the second.

Best regards,

Charles

Alex,
                            Study the fronts and backs of the first two tabs, then compare with the tab listed on the hannasreich link. The differences in the first two should be immediately apparent. If you are still confused, use the search function.

Sincerely,

Charles Betz
                            Last edited by C. Betz; 01-21-2008, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X