HJ Armband...good or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Armband...good or not?

Opinions on this please. I am leery of the tag.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Hj

Looks fine IMO. Nice multi-piece construction.

Comment

Looks promising but for more input did you try posting it in the political section ? where HJ is discussed. This is the armed forces (army) uniform and insignia section.
        Lots of HJ experts over there!

Comment

Good idea Nick...will do.

Comment

Well I have three thumbs-up with only one naysayer. (doesn't like the tag) I go with the majority on this one.

Comment

HJ Armband

This HJ armband has too many red flags IMO to be considered an original, period made armband. 1. As stated previously, the RZM tag is incorrect. 2. The aging on the white stripe looks fake. 3. The construction/sewing and material used for the armband and stripe itself look modern and are not normal for a standard HJ armband. 4. The number one bad indicator - the black zigzag material used to make the swastika. I have yet to see/handle an original WWII period German manufactured armband of any kind that used this type of material for anything - swastika, striping, wording, etc. The zigzag material has been a favorite for many of the forgers/reproduction artists on many fantasy NSFK, DLV, DDAC, and SS armbands and is used extensively on countless fake early political leader armbands with the white stripes prior to the adaptation of the gold bullion striped and leaved armbands (see attached examples). Original HJ armbands can be found for sale at reasonable prices on any given day by many dealers and collectors so why even take any chances on one like this? I hope this helps. Good luck, Chris
              Attached Files

Comment

Have to agree regarding the zig zag material. Not one I would be happy with.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X