Good side cap fake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good side cap fake

Ok this Is what I call a "good" heer side cap fake. I think this one can fool some collectors out there.
    Attached Files

Man, the quality of fakes out there are almost enough to scare me out of WW2-German collecting.

The only thing, I might just might, be ablet to tell was not real on this sucker is the insignia--it looks a little stiff to me. The grommets look perfect.

Who makes this cap and how much do they sell it for?

Comment

Hmmm, the teeny-tiny size of 55 is a nice touch for a good fake. I usually use that as a secondary condition of authenticity (little undernourished soldiers of the 1940s vs supersized re-enactors of the new millenium).

Comment

Hans, could you tell us were you found this particular one? Is it listed somewere for sale? IMO if fakers have original insignia and cloth ( greatcoat) it isn't that difficult to make one with the 'skills' they have today ....anyway, it looks very scary indeed from those pictures, but it probalby wouldn't pass a hand inspection...

Could it be an original cap with replaced repro insignia?
        'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Beazaer
          Hans, could you tell us were you found this particular one? IMO if fakers have original insignia and cloth ( greatcoat) it isn't that difficult to make one with their skills they have today....anyway indeed very scary from those pictures...

Hi Jan my friend!
          Your absolutly right IMO all materials/insignia used on this one is pre45.
          Here is the story:
          I was offerd this one by a friend in Sweden. Everything looked good, but the mint condition worried me. There is actually no wearing "damage" / soiling at all.

So I brought it to Peter ( ww-2militaria.com ). Hi's very helfull and so nice to met in irl, a first class dealer if you ask me!

He told me this is the last fake comming from the east. The give away is the stamping and they always use very small size.
          He also said they made more than one...
          So be carfull collector friends, I will take some more pictures of the stampings.

Hasse.M
          Last edited by Hasse.M; 12-20-2006, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Thanks Hans for the heads up!
            Do you have more detailed pictures of it?

The comming years gonna be though for us...
            'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Anyone msg me if you want more, here is some:
              Attached Files

Comment

I saw a nice original, well used no eagle sell on ebay for$52 who says you can't still get a bargain these days!(The reaspon I did not buy it was I have one)

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Thanks Hans, indeed very well done...I wonder what will happen with these caps within a few years of soiling and wear!

Cheers

Jan
                  'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Thanks Hans, indeed very well done...I wonder what will happen with these caps within a few years of soiling and wear!

Cheers

Jan
                    Your right Jan. If this cap had got some "nice" soiling and natural worn damage, then I had put it in my display room. And be happy with my not authentic cap

Comment

What about the way the soutache (spelling) is attached? I thought they were supposed to attach to the inside of the cap some how.
                      HC

Comment

Maker

Hello ,

Impressive cap !
                        I' ve just a question about the marking :

Willy springpfeil it is a known cap maker of the period or it's just the result of
                        the fakers imagination ?

Alexandre

Comment

Hasse: Thanks for this info! It's really scary. The cap on the pictures is exactlt what I am looking for.

Alexandre: Willy Sprengpfeil is a known maker of M34 caps.

Comment

Originally posted by Volkbert
                            Hasse: Thanks for this info! It's really scary. The cap on the pictures is exactlt what I am looking for.

Alexandre: Willy Sprengpfeil is a known maker of M34 caps.
                            Im going back with this cap tomorrow. So if you guys want more pictures of any details just let me know!
                            Unless someone is willing to pay 250euro for this FAKE one of a kind

Im glad to help, the pleasure is on my side!

Regards: Hasse.M

Comment

Last edited by Hasse.M; 12-20-2006, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X