Help ID maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help ID maker?

I don't fool much with 1939 EK's, but I've had these for a while and need some opinions from you TR experts. Any idea of the maker? It is totally unmarked. Is it Godet?

Attached Files

Help ID Maker? Schinkel?

This one is again unmarked, is vaulted, and has a small swastica. Would this be considered a Schinkelform, even thought the frame is pretty much standard? Ideas on the maker? Thanks. (PS--I know the cases on one or both of these EK's are new repos).
    Attached Files

Comment

Help ID Maker? Schinkel?

This one is again unmarked, is vaulted, and has a small swastica. Would this be considered a Schinkelform, even thought the frame is pretty much standard? Ideas on the maker? Thanks. (PS--I know the cases on one or both of these EK's are new repos).

Comment

The second cross looks like a mm100. I think

Brian

Comment

The first one is a fake, they can be found whit L/54 marks and some other mark . The second one is a genuin unmark 100 Wachtler & Lange, completey Orginal and in a very nice shape

Mikael

Comment

Originally posted by meriksson
            The first one is a fake, they can be found whit L/54 marks and some other mark . The second one is a genuin unmark 100 Wachtler & Lange, completey Orginal and in a very nice shape

Mikael
            The second one is very close, if not the same, as the one pictured on page 151 of The Iron Cross of 1939 by Gordon. Is this an error in the book?

Can anyone show me a fake marked L/54 for comparison. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Nr 2 is a 100 Doug.
              And if you search some you will find that fake type EK . The back side may not be the same but the front will be if you look at the L/54 fake, its the same maker for those fakes.
              Mikael
              Originally posted by Doug See
              The second one is very close, if not the same, as the one pictured on page 151 of The Iron Cross of 1939 by Gordon. Is this an error in the book?

Can anyone show me a fake marked L/54 for comparison. Thanks for all your help.
              Attached Files

Comment

Ps no nobb on a EK1

Comment

Mikael
                  Mikael,
                  First, let me say that you have a fantastic eye and have done a great job in helping people out with questions. We also had a little fun on eBay, didn't we? As I said, I am not very knowledgeable about 1939 EK's and only have three 1939 EK1's in my collection. Today was the first time I really looked at the 1939 EK article on this forum (excellent article), since I'm an Imperial collector. But I think I have to disagree or at least debate with you on the first EK1 shown here. There definitely is something funky going on at the inner corners of the beading. Lots of cross-hatching and variation. But all in all, the detail on the cross is very good. I've seen quite a few of the so-called "Latvian" 1939's (just as many pf those fakes are sold by US dealers nowadays), and this one just doesn't match up to those too-perfect laser cut fakes. I've never seen a repro with this type of hinge, either. (Again, I haven't seen as many 1939's as most of you guys have). But if you'll look at page 123 in Gordon's 1939 EK book, the second cross down (the schinkel), has the exact same hinge, even the same slight crookedness on the base plate, and a very similar pin. My pin looks more fat in my photo, but I think they're pretty close, given the light and reflection differences in the photos. What do you think? Do you still think mine's bogus. I'm not worried about finding out it's bad since I bought it from a reputable dealer and friend here locally who stands behind his lifetime guarantee, but I'd love to hear or see more evidence. Thanks!

Comment

More views

Attached Files

Comment

Last one. Is it live, or is it Memorex?
                      Attached Files

Comment

I did know a Doug and im not shure it´s the same ? I did get a Famous Trippel markt 20/L52 from him. And i have to say that second EK is a fake take a look at this L/54 fake and you will see what i ment. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=l%2F54

Note the die flaw on the rim under 1939.

Mikael

Comment

About Gordons Book, not all in that Book is ok. There is misstakes and i dont say that Shinckle is a bougus EK. But it´s have the same back side as that fake you show. And i have not seen that EK in Gordons book up close.
                          Mikael

Comment

I did know a Doug and im not shure it´s the same ? I did get a Famous Trippel markt 20/L52 from him. And i have to say that second EK is a fake take a look at this L/54 fake and you will see what i ment. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=l%2F54

Note the die flaw on the rim under 1939.

Mikael
                            Mikael,
                            I've not sold many 1939's, but did sell a couple about two years ago. Is there a problem?

Thanks for the info. I'm still confused. I see a die flaw on all of these.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X