JAPANESE Military Retired Badge of Honor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JAPANESE Military Retired Badge of Honor

Hi all.. I am looking for the official designation on this badge..

I can only find it on one website and they list it as the "WWII JAPANESE MILITARY RETIRED SERVICE BADGE OF HONOR."

I thought this was the Veterans Badge at first. It might look the same in appearance but it is much larger.

It is about 45mm x 22mm in size.. I am not sure why it is bigger than the smaller one..

I want to know more about this badge but I am not sure how to look it up.

Thank you!
    Scott

Check this out Scott.

http://www.imperialjapanmedalsandbad...istbadges.html

Nick

Comment

Really good stuff Nick... awesome site.

I do not believe I welcomed you to the board. WELCOME! I hope you enjoy this board as much as I have.

I don't think I see a lot of these out there when I search now that I know the name.

This page also helped me identify my "Gold Imperial Military Reservist Association badge with ribbon backing."

Again, thank you for the replies..

Thank you,
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Rommel1933 View Post
        Really good stuff Nick... awesome site.
        Yes, this is really so. Thanks to the great afforts of Richard Katalano - owner of this web-site and member of this forum (imperialjapan).

I do not believe I welcomed you to the board. WELCOME! I hope you enjoy this board as much as I have.
        Thank you Scott! And big HELLO to others members of this forum.
        My name is Nick. I am from Moscow and my main area of interest - japanese and manchuko orders, madals, badges and medals. I am also interested in Korea and Mongolia orders and medals.

Regards,
        Nick

Comment

Nick,

Really sounds interesting and you have a diverse interest... When you say Mongolian do you mean Soviet Era Mongolian Medals? things like Khalkhyn Gol ???

Thank you, Scott

Comment

Nick,

Really sounds interesting and you have a diverse interest... When you say Mongolian do you mean Soviet Era Mongolian Medals? things like Khalkhyn Gol ???

Thank you, Scott
            Yes Scott

You are right about Soviet era Mongolia ...
            Mongolia became independent state (independent from China) only in 1911 and by 1920 everything was over... For the next 71 years...

IMHO Mongolian orders from 1928 -1991 period often have better design than soviets with same superb quality. Not to mention the prices...

Cheers,
            Nick

Comment

Nick,

If you ever get a chance please post your Mongolian Medals/orders.

Is there a lot or Soviet Era Medals in Moscow where you live?

Thank you,
              Scott

Comment

Nick,

If you ever get a chance please post your Mongolian Medals/orders.

Is there a lot or Soviet Era Medals in Moscow where you live?

Thank you,
                Scott
                Sorry Scott

I am not allowed to post attachments on WAF (look at my status )

But here comes very good address, check it out (but prepare yourself to witness the real beauty! )

http://www.sobiratel.net/zasluga/Asi...ngoliaMain.htm

Nick

P.S. Where I live there are a lot of soviet "stuff", but too many phalerists around, and now the "stuff" is heavily overpriced
                Last edited by JapanX; 11-10-2011, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X