Afrika Korps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afrika Korps

Jus thought I would post a pic of some 'cyber' friends from my motorcycle forum enjoying a day last week in the 'Lybian dessert' !
    Thats a BMW R12 and a DKW NZ350 by the way...
    Rich
    http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KRADRIDER/
    Attached Files

Great Pic! Is that a museum or where they driving there with the bikes?

who was driving the tank... *g*

Comment

Cycles

Any you fellas remember getting a heads up about this get together?
      I dont and it looked like a ton of fun. I would have brought my bike if I would have known.
      George

Comment

heres another pic. Its in the CA destert. Means nothing to me as I am in the UK (I can do Normandy hedgerow, but not dessert !)
        Attached Files

Comment

looks to be in the Palm Desert area.

A cool backdrop.
          ------------------------------------------------
          Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

screw the bikes!!(in the nicest possible way!!) whats the story with the panzer in the back???????all good!

Comment

Yes, its good isnt it..though has to be fake as the mantlet looks a bit weedy and the wheels dont look correct...

Comment

Getting some heads up with this story...apparently it was a film shoot over a few days...there were 3-4 panzer IV's mocked up on some type of AFV but in steel...to quote 'they looked, sounded and moved the same as originals'. Not sure what the film is but it was muted that it could be 'Valkerie' the Tom Cruise Staufenberg film ??

Comment

taken from current Wikepedia 'Valkyrie' page
                  After the production was unable to find a suitable location for key battle sequence at the beginning of the film set in North Africa, in which von Stauffenberg loses his eye and hand, production was halted while locations were scouted.[36] In April 2008, Singer was reported to film the desert sequences in the coming two months, possibly in the United States. The overall cost of production was not revealed by the studio, but it reportedly cost $100 million.[37]

Comment

Last edited by Oscha; 12-10-2008, 11:02 PM.

Comment

It was nice and hot out there to add to the "fun". I had a great time shooting the 20mm flak, no pictures though . Nothing like having a real P40 in your gun sights though. Set was outside Victorville CA.

Comment

Thats me on the DKW NZ350-1 and a friend in another picture.

Comment

I won my bet at work. Mike I knew you had to be one of the guys in the pics. Was it a blast to do? Dont say anything that can get you into trouble, but.... can you post anything else of interest?
                          Wow how cool is that-reenacting and getting paid for it.
                          Mike I kinda of was sorry to see you quit dealing reenacting/collecting items. For whatever its worth you had good prices and customer service.
                          George

Comment

George,

Well We did that film, it was a great 3 days and another film done and over with. I can give you guiys some more pics, here you go.
                            I got out of reenacting because of a divorce and major life change. Now i am back on track and doing well. I am selling WW2 German motorcycles and that web site is doing well. The Dunns Bunker was a great sucess for me and I miss alot of the people i did meet.

Mike

Comment

Wow... I love these photos. Pls post more. With my first glance at the pics, I knew it was Hollywood. If these were reenactors, I would be shocked. It looks so much better than those "lame" reenactor pics you always see... generally fat guys that pose for pics that approach the ridiculous. This is really good. I know that the tank doesn't conform perfectly or some other items but it shows what it probably looked like with modern photo equipment. Excellent Just love these pics.

Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X