Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyr-(Kampf)-Rune

Hello all,

Can somebody provide me with information on the Tyr-(Kampf)-Rune or perhaps some images?

William Kramer
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

?

Comment

Nobody can answer my question?

Comment

What do you mean? You want to know what it looks like? It's an "arrow" pointing upward. Tyr, I think, was the germanic god of single combat, if that is what your question is about.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Tyr Rune

I just used the search function and wikipedia and found a great deal of information.

Charles Betz

Comment

SS Tyr Rune

Here is my SS Tyr Rune.
            Peter
            Attached Files

Comment

Heres mine used by ss/sd recruitment headquarters.

Comment

The lore of Tyr

Probably not what you wanted to know...but Tyr was an early powerful god who is one-handed. He lost his hand as a sacrifice to save all the gods when he willingly put his hand (knowing full well his hand was to be bitten off) into Fenris-wolf/Garmr "s toothsome mouth, so that the other god's could bind the deadly Wolf that could eat the sun, moon, earth and gods.
                Tyr was a warrior god and the "T" rune is associated with the shape of his spear, and the male generative organ. Later in Germanic Scandinavian history Tyr was supplanted by other gods like Thor in popularity.
                Tyr may have a relationship to Zeus (they are cognate, as the historian's term applies) as the name for Tyr in German lands was tsiu at one time. The Doric invaders of Greece were supposed to be northern Indo-European. So follow the sounds Tyr-T'siu/T'zu-Zeus.
                The T rune is absolutely found on many ancient Northern weapons:swords,spears. This was to give the weapon supernatural powers as Beowulf's weapons were described to have emblazoned on.
                Finally, the nazis were highly aware of the history of the runes and the mystical associations of the runes from the professors and rune-occultists of the late 1800's to 1933 .
                One of the books in Hitler's library is documented to be Gorsleben's Rune-occult books on the runes, divination, ancient gods, and rascism.
                As Hitler himself was aware of this, and the runes just look cool from an artistic point of view...one can see how these symbols were used (or as some point out..."mis-used") for propagandistic, ideological utilization and as fashion accesories by the nazis.

Actual history is always more fantastic than any fantasy.
                --MF
                Last edited by Michael Fay; 03-17-2009, 02:00 AM. Reason: more history

Comment

Thank you Michael , really interesting.
                  Notton

Comment

Hello there,

Thank you for the provided information. I wanted to know specifically what it symbolized on the tunic and what the qualifications were behind it.

William Kramer

Comment

Originally posted by notton View Post
                      Thank you Michael , really interesting.
                      Notton
                      Notton, I am glad someone was interested. While I knew it probably was not the info William is searching for, I felt it was worth going over as it has relevance to his question.
                      MF

Comment

I have just finished to read " Operation Ahnenerbe" by Heather Pringle and I appreciated the connection between your reply and the book.
                        Thank you again.
                        Notton

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X