trop pz colar tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trop pz colar tabs

Looking at those colar tabs, and aside any question about authenticity of those particular ones, I was wondering if they ever existed ?

"Paar Kragenspiegel Afrikakorps für Panzernachrichten Ausführung für die Tropenjacke. Sandfarben mit zitronengelber Paspelierung, der aufgelegte Totenkopf in Feinzink"

https://www.weitze.net/detail/52/Paa...n__212552.html

I have never seen period pics showing them in wear, althought i have already seen pz piped black colar tabs with tk's applied on tropical tunics.
    Just curious to have opinions on that point.
    derka

Derka,

as you know nothing is really out of the realm of possibility but as far as I know only the 10th Pz really did the black tabs on the tropical jackets. I have a few pics of the black tabs on the tan uniforms but usually just the skull pushed through the lapel was the standard for Pz Troops in Afrika. Matt

Comment

skulls are an original zinc pattern (mid to late war).

Comment

Afik, piped colar tabs were made for wool wraps, black or feldgrau.
        Black backing colar tabs were sometimes used on tropical tunic, like here (from ebay recently):

Some piped colar were made with drillich material backing, for HBT wraps.
        But why some piped colar tabs would have been made with tropical material backing, as wraps made with this material were not produced ?
        Does anyone know a period pic showing their use ?
        derka

Comment

Fantasy items imo.

Comment

pz nach trop

"Fantasy items imo."

yup

Comment

I'd guess fantasy item as well. Matt

Comment

1st and third pattern tunics - wonderful image. Any date on the reverse of that one (whoever picked it up)?
                Regards,
                Mark
                PS - I would also say the tabs that started the thread are not period.

Comment

Agree, fantasy tabs, but the tk's are ok.

Great photo Derka, both 1st & 3rd pattern tunics with the black tabs & tk's. Could be 10 Pz Div Tunisia or a unit headed there ? Or maybe Greece as the black tabs & tk's appeared there also ?

Comment

Found this interesting link, showing colar tabs worn on tropical tunics in Aufklarung unit, see particulary at the end of the second film between 4'20 and 5'30 :
                    http://www.ecpad.fr/la-campagne-de-t...-1942-mai-1943
                    derka

Comment

Tropical Tabs

I have seen the tropical panzer tab. A fellow collector has one sans Totenkopf. It was part of a bring back by a US intelligence officer. On the back he wrote "10th Panzer". I think it was gold piped. It might be in Bob, Mike, & Mike's new book "Scout's Out".

http://battlebornbooks.com/wp-conten...n-Color-21.pdf

Look at page 21 of the preview.
                      Last edited by Schulterklappen; 11-03-2013, 07:13 AM.

Comment

I tried to extract the best wiews i could :

Those show the NCO colar tress :

I think it is clear these colar tabs have not a black background.
                        But are they made with tropical material or feldgrau wool ?
                        The folds visible on some tabs would might indicate tropical material.
                        I doubt they were factory applied.

Comment

Those pics are at 2'25 and after :

The officer wears a "shiny" brand new 4 pockets tunic :

Notice the NCO behind him, with a "AK" ct, has no (or have lost) tk on his colar tab :

Comment

Excellent work derka,

thank you for that link to an extended version of one of my favourite German newsreels.

The panzer skull tabs in the images you have posted from the newsreels, certainly appear to be tropical olive twill or field-grey wool.

definitely not black like the tabs and perhaps eagle & stripe being worn in Italy 43-45 by this panzerwaffe shown below.

Notice the contrast between the olive twill of the tunic, the field-grey wool or olive twill of the shoulder boards and the black wool of the panzer collar tabs.

It makes for a good comparison with the images that you have posted,

Chris

p.s. the breast eagle and rank stripe might have a dark bottle green backing ?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by 90th Light; 11-03-2013, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Here is a photo from my collection showing a tropical tunic with black tabs.
                              Ralph.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X